“Exquisite”

Book In Advance
More Info
$134.61*
and up
Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua Geothermal...
Ranked #3 of 16 Spas & Wellness in Rotorua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Relax and unwind on the tranquil shores of Lake Rotorua at Polynesian Spa - a world-leading, natural mineral bathing and luxury spa retreat. Channelling geothermal marvels in its backyard, the 28 mineral pools at Polynesian Spa are fed from two natural springs for a combination that both nourishes the skin and relieves tired muscles, aches and pains. Specialising in a range of health and wellness treatments, Polynesian Spa has a decadent spa therapy menu. Also a retreat for athletes, wellness rituals ensure maximum sports relaxation featuring hydrotherapy and a reflexology walk. Combining ancient healing practices with modern techniques, Polynesian Spa is frequently recognised as one of the top 10 spas in the world.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I had a 1 hour aromatherapy massage today with Katie. Initially I thought the cost was exorbitant but after embarking on the treatment experience, I quickly realised how it could be justified. The whole Polynesian pools and spa treatment experience was amazing. Everything is absolute class. The surroundings there are just beautiful. The complimentary robes, towels, lockers and bathing time are awesome. Plenty of space to lounge around before and after the treatment and lovely herbal teas and flavoured water were all added bonuses.

The massage itself was one of the best I've had and I've been having facials and massages for more than 20 years. Katie was expert at her profession and extremely polished at customer service and experience.

Today was my first time at Polynesian pools spa treatments, but it won't be my last.

So,so good.

PolynesianSpa, Manager at Polynesian Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Hi MattyandAce,

Thank you for your wonderful review and 5/5 rating. I am glad you felt you received good value for your money. I will pass your message on to Katie, I am sure she will appreciate your kind words.

We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,825)
All reviews
in 29 reviews
"new zealand"
in 56 reviews

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Simply relaxing experience, obviously a tad expensive however it was a great experience. The communal pools looked a little seedy and overcrowded so my best bet would be the private deluxe room for the extra couple of $$.

PolynesianSpa, Manager at Polynesian Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Hi Dani and Matt,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am very please you enjoyed your experience and managed to have a relaxing time.

We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Absolutely gorgeous spa! Clean and actually very quiet especially considering we were there on a public holiday. Really fantastic price too, we couldn't believe how good it was for the price!

We even had some breakfast sat by the main pool, if we didn't have something else booked for the afternoon I think we would have stayed until we'd turned in to little boiled lobsters!

PolynesianSpa, Manager at Polynesian Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Hi Frankie,

Thank you for your wonderful review, it was our pleasure to host you. It's great to read that you enjoyed your experience at Polynesian Spa. We hope it is not too long before your next visit.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

+ First of all, you need to try out all of the pools here to get the most out of it.
+ The staff is very informative and friendly.
+ Toilet is clean, there is a limited number of private rooms so people who doesn't like changing in public (like me) might find it a little disappointing.
+ Private pool would bring you much better experience than the public pools, 'money can buy happiness'!
+ TIP!!! Bring your camera along, behind the pool area there is a lake which has an absolutely stunning scenery, it would be very regrettable missing it.

PolynesianSpa, Manager at Polynesian Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Hi hznry,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your Polynesian Spa experience and also your 5/5 rating. We really appreciate your kind words and feedback. I am very glad you enjoyed your soak in our natural hot mineral pools and look forward to hosting you in the future.