$83
  • Pool
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $109/night.

B&B @ The Redwoods(Rotorua)
$121
$105
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$72
$64
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$78
$327
$319
$149
$114
Priceline
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$115
$94
$107
$101
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $114/night.

$681
$513
$463
$380
1,335 results
All reviewsrace courserace trackspa bathmezz baratrium restaurantbuffet breakfastindoor poolbalcony overlookinghuge roomtop floorschool holidaysbit datedbeds were very comfortablenew zealandracecourse
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I'm sorry but I find the comments for Rydges Rotorua quite amazing. We stayed earlier in the year and our initial thoughts were good although the receptionist was quite abrubt. Our room was tired, extremely tired. The bed linen was disgusting, the pillows were stained, all of them. We asked for them to be changed only to be given more pillows that were stained. We had a free drinks voucher for the bar but when we tried to use them we were told the bar was closed...at 8.30pm!! We always try to stay at Rydges hotels throughout NZ & AUs but until Rotorua come up to the standard of the others we will not be staying there again...and we travel to Rotorua often.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zara58
craig_r_simpson, General Manager at Rydges Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Dear AngieBanny,

I thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am very disappointed to read your comments and do pass on my sincere apologies to you for the service you experienced.

You will be pleased to know we have recently purchased new linen to replace some of the older stock and this has certainly made a difference to the quality of peoples sleep.

The hotel has two bars, one on the first floor and the other in the restaurant which is open late every evening. This should have been explained to you by the staff and I have taken the chance to speak with my staff about this to ensure they are passing this information onto the guests if one of the bars is closed.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

My family have just had a great night at Rydges, The spacious room facing the Race Track with the spa bath, which my grandson loved. Also the pool with the spa pools are great.
The staff were very accommadating, will be going back for a weekend.

Room Tip: The bigger rooms are facing north and over look the Race course. Great view
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Dear spinx1973 ,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and giving the great tip on the rooms.

In fact all of our rooms are of equal size - however the main difference is the ones overlooking the race course have balconies which does add a little more outdoor space.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

The Team at Rydges Rotorua have really turned this Hotel around! We returned to the hotel following a not so enjoyable previous experience and were very impressed with the improvements the team have made. We were so impressed we have already made our next booking and will be bringing our friends with us!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Fussy_FoodieMT,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. It gives me great pleasure in sharing your review with all of my staff and especially when you have seen the improvements made and are coming to stay with us for a third time after your first trip was not so enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Central location, good rooms and good breakfast inluded in our room cost. Restaurant meal was very good and a very good selection of NZ wines. Very good parking facilities.
Value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Golfers13
craig_r_simpson, General Manager at Rydges Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Hello Golfers13,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and your comments about the food and selection has been passed onto my chef and food & beverage staff.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future and again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Great food and accomodation on my first visit to Rotorua! Very impressed with the choices on dinner menu, also enjoyed having the variety at the breakfast buffet. Staff was friendly and very accomodating. Lovely accomodation, enjoyed the spacious room with view over looking the race track and Lake Rotorua in the background. I will definitely book Rydges on my next visit to Rotorua.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
craig_r_simpson, General Manager at Rydges Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Dear Tina183739 ,

Thank you for your wonderful comments you posted on Trip Advisor. We always love hearing when people have enjoyed their time when staying with us.

All your comments will be passed onto the staff.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Rydges Rotorua in the very near future.