Rydges Rotorua
$151
  • Pool
$127
$105
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$143
$90
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$166
$128
Agoda.com
$162
$126
Official Site
  • Pool
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$120
$99
Agoda.com
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$100
Priceline
$1,233
$849
1,303 results
All reviewsrace courserace trackspa bathmezz baratrium restaurantbuffet breakfastindoor poolbalcony overlookinghuge roomtop floorkids loved the poolbit datedbeds were very comfortablenew zealandracecourse
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed here a couple of nights on our OAT (Overseas Adventure Travel) trip to NZ. I stayed in a SPACIOUS room on ground level. Free laundry machines! WiFi is overpriced at US$24/day (join their free club and $24 wifi fee is halved). Great breakfast, but time your breakfast visit to avoid large groups. Very good dinner in the hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
craig_r_simpson, General Manager at Rydges Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2011

Dear thannaroo,

I would like to thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor and I certainly appreciate the photos you took of the food.

It does sound like you enjoyed your stay with us. We are in the process of looking at new internet options which will be implemented in the coming months. This will certainly make a positive change in the hotel in regards to the comments you made.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed at the Rydges as a 'spur of the moment' thing with our two children over Queens Birthday Weekend. We had been told by friends it was a good place to stay with children ..... & they were right!
The friendly reception staff were very accommodating when I asked to upgrade to a superior suite upon arrival as our girls were cold and wanted a spa. We were given a nice, large room overlooking the racecourse with a balcony we could unfortunately not use due to bad weather. Yes, the room is dated and showing its age but its too bad.
Our girls loved the pool, hotel lobby, gift shop and especially their breakfast! Wow, best selection that even my fussy husband could not complain about. The waiter we had clearing our table was the nicest, genuine guy we have had serve us in a long time!
We will be returning to the Rydges.
Thanks.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ange128

Dear Ange128.

I would like to thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. I know my staff get great pleasure in reading comments such as your and hearing how you had a wonderful stay.

We receive many comments about the fast selection of our buffet breakfast and it is satisfying to hear your husband enjoyed it as well.

Reviewed June 5, 2011

A friend and I stayed at Rydge's Rotorua over Queen's Birthday weekend after getting a voucher from a deal site.

We found the room to be huge however very run down and lacked the little things that most hotels provide. We stayed two nights and on the 2nd day our towels were taken from us early in the morning and our room was not serviced until 3.30pm that day. We rang and asked for towels (the weather was yuck and we wanted to have a swim in the indoor pool) however we were told no towels available - thus couldn't go swimming. No DVDs were available to hire or borrow which most places have nowadays don't they? Also no newspapers were available which was a bit of a disappointment.

We dined at the Atrium Restaurant and if we didn't have a complementary voucher definitely wouldn't dine there. I ordered the Butter Chicken which was over cooked and very expensive for what it was.

The hotel was very noisy especially with kids running around in the floors above us.

Overall the staff were friendly and the beds were good but I wouldn't be rushing back to stay at this hotel anytime soon!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends

Dear nicola_anne_11,

Thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am disappointed to her your stay was not as good as it could have been.

You will be pleased to know we have just launched a new menu in the hotel and the feedback from out guests has been outstanding.

We have recently purchased some new towels and I have also discussed with housekeeping about the urgency of ensuring room have fresh towel and linen in a timely manner.

Again I am sorry to hear you didn't have a great stay with us and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future so you can see some of the changes we have recently made and others to follow over the coming months.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

After 3 wonderful days at Rydges Rotorua we left feeling we had experienced an event we would long remember. We were treated so well, staff were wonderful, restaurant was one of the best, our room exceeded our expectations and the service was superb.
I would recommend Rydges Rotorua to everyone intending to stay ay Rotorua either overnight or longer.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Tony255114,

Thank you for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor. It gives me great pleasure in reading your comments about your stay with us. I have passed this review onto my staff and I know they will also gain a great deal of satisfaction from reading it.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

We stayed at Rydges overnight with our 6 year old. We'd booked the standard twin room, but realised on arrival (in very bad weather) that we would like some extra space and doors on a balcony. The person on reception was extremely helpful with our upgrade request, and we ended up on the fourth floor - a smoking floor, but you'd never know. We were right across from the pool, which was fabulous - lovely warm swimming pool, and great hot soaking pool just off it - perfect for those with a small child.
The rooms are huge, though admittedly a little tired. The lighting definitely could be improved a bit, the shower door cold have used a slightly better clean, and everything could use a bit of sprucing up. But it was all perfectly comfortable, and definitely didn't appear at all unhygienic. For the space, the pool, and the good buffet breakfast, the rate we paid was extremely reasonable.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms - closest to the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family

Dear Westie_Traveller,

I would like to thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. You comments have been passed through my team and as much as you enjoyed your stay and commented accordingly I have also made a point of discussing with the staff the cleaning issues you had.