1,562 results
All reviews club room polynesian spa lake view large hotel buffet breakfast per day duty manager lobby area new zealand government gardens central location comfortable stay sulphur smell town centre hot pools eat street spa pool
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We took bus from Auckland and get off the bus in the information center. This hotel is walking distance from the information center, very convenient. We stayed there for 3 nights. This hotel looks like Japanese building. We stayed in a room with balcony and the beds are very big enough and comfortable. TV is LCD and size is very good. However, wifi services is limited, 20 minutes free at lobby only. There is also no slippers and tooth brush/toothpaste provided, travelers need to be aware of it and bring along with you.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I really do appreciate our guests spending a few minutes to post on Tripadvisor. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
I'm can advise as of today we have been able to renegotiate our WIFI charges. We're happy to be able to offer reduced daily and weekly rates to our guests, as well as continuing the 20 minutes free in the lobby area.
I trust the rent of your holiday in New Zealand is a pleasant one.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights for the second time in a year. As usual we had a good room; this time with a balcony with a view over the Polynesian Pools and the lake. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was spacious with a decent size vanity and a shower over the bath. This hotel is in a great location very close to the centre of town. Polynesian Pools, Govt Gardens and Museum are few minutes away as are the shops, restaurants and the lake front. The breakfast in the restaurant was good, and the service speedy. This hotel has had some really great prices recently without any drop in service or standard of the rooms. Our only complaint was banging of doors with children calling out late at night on one night, but this could happen anywhere.

Room tip: Rooms with a balcony and view over Polynesian Pools have a nicer outlook.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Raewyn
Thanks for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel location and facilities and had such a great stay. I do hope we'll be able to welcome you back to the Millennium in the near future.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Great hotel in a great location, Rotorua is pretty small, but this hotel is situated on the lake front the supermarkets and the Government Gardens. Easy walk to the Tourist Info/Main bus drop off and centre of town. I found the rooms to be a great size and would have been comfortable with two, I had a lake view room with Balcony which offered fantastic lake views. Staff were friendly. Would stay again if I came back.

Room tip: Choose a Lake Room- stunning Views!
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Hi, thank you for your fantastic feedback. I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay so much - from the lake views to the friendly staff. We all hope to be able to welcome you back one day soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed in a lake view room for one night. Room comfortable and clean but decor and furniture very tired and could do with being updated. Good location within walking distance to restaurants and museum etc. Hotel has swimming pool but didn't get chance to use it.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Amy
Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate you taking the time to post on Trip Advisor.
I'm able to advise we are currently undergoing a refurbishment of guest rooms and we will be able to offer you a fresh and modern looking room to enjoy next time you're in Rotorua. I do hope you will give us the opportunity to restore your good faith.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Had a great room with a balcony over looking the lake. Well equipped room with very comfortable
Bed. Bathroom was spacious with a Bath tub.
Had room service and the meal was delicious.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Ask for a lake view room, as in the past I have had rooms that over look a central garden.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us recently, and thank you so much for taking the time to post our feedback. I do hope we will have the pleasure of your return visit some time the near future.