“Thank you to the "T" Team”

Millennium Hotel Rotorua
Ranked #23 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Thank you to all of you who have made this (Another one) Cycle stop over a memorable one.

First of all we need to acknowledge The T Team who despite the different department they work in, all work as a Team and all in one.
Ladies First....Tracey: Thank you for who you are, what you see and do and how briefly you "rectify" what does not appears to be up to your standards in the Breakfast area.
All those actions ( were noticed :o)) ) in a diplomatic and very friendly manner towards your staff.

Thank you for making our second Breakfast what the first one should have been. Thank you Tracey.

Toni: Your warmth and professionalism shine behind the "Front Area" ( Even when standing near Yuri :o))) ) Thank you for making little issues rectified, like they never occured in the first place. your smile is power, your will to assist is felt miles away...... Thank you Toni.

And least but not Last: "Mr T" Tim, you always welcomed us as soon as our ego and shadow passed through the front door.
it is with amazement to see that even when sharing information with your staff, even without looking behind you, you knew or felt when we stepped in the hotel, your Professionalism, your "Mana" shone and you welcomed us walking towards you. Thank you Tim.

Yuri: you 7 foot tall?? you made me at 6 foot like a midget....Thank you.
Thank you for welcoming us the way you know touches us, the way you know we understand. Paper work ready, keys in your hand.. Thank you
But the thanks do not stop here at the Millennium Hotel Rotorua... The team behind the Team behind the wall work as hard as the front office members. The floor members, You the nice Mr Porter who did not ride with me :o)

Finally I would like to say thank you to you "Pipiana" for the final touch with your little card and your little gift on the bedroom desk. Nice touch and they are all gone.....

The room, as usual ( some will find the negativity or the tired furnitures........As a package, we had a clean, comfortable, to represent the value and "The Spirit" at the Millennium Hotel.
We had a great week end, we are rebooking already our next stay in April.

Thank you to all of you, Tracey, we look forward to your smile in April

Room Tip: All room are great as the Millennium is a "Team Spirit"
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

A pleasure to receive such warm praise for our staff throughout the hotel. You may know we have a staff rewards programme and all staff mentioned receive an award. I am delighted we meet your expections, and the staff were able to assist in making your stay a pleasant one.
The Team look forward to welcoming you back in April.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This hotel is showing its age. For the price, I'm sure there are better hotels in Rotorua. I stayed three nights and ordered room service on two occasions, and both times the food was not good at all! The most aggravating fee is the $25 internet charge. These days most travelers want 24 hr service, and an extra $25 per day is outrageous. After checking out i received a survey from the manager asking for feedback. When I wrote a detailed message back, i did not receive even the courtesy of a reply. Leads me to believe the management is not interested in competing for tourist dollars.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank natarr0

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your feedback. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expections. I can advise .the guest rooms and lobby area are in line for a refurbishment in the second quarter of 2014.

We do offer free 20 minutes wifi in the hotel lobby area, however I have noted your comments regarding internet charges.
Once again thank you for your feedback. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday in New Zealand.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Here on a air NZ mystery trip so not our choice of hotel. Disappointed from the beginning - room not much of a view, restaurant meal very average & room service disappointing - there seems to be no consistency, food never plated attractively, had to call room service 2x still not rectified-front staff are helpful & apologetic but beyond their control. Probably will never return - look for better quality

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment you felt when staying on your Air NZ Mystery Trip. I was disappointed to read your comments regarding lack of consistency in our restaurant and room service. I have been in discussions with the Executive Chef and together we continue to work on creating a consistently high standard, as would be expected of our hotel at the 4.5 star level.

I would welcome your call to discuss further. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

My friend and I booked a double room each. They were mean to have a city view... well, if you use the phrase in the loosest way then perhaps a view across the road counts?

The rooms were incredibly dated and quite tatty. We were on the ground floor towards the back. The bathroom was clean but nothing special given the cost of the rooms. The seals around the windows in the lobby were all coming away and with stains on the carpets you have to question a hotel that can't even maintain its public spaces. Nevertheless I really wanted to give the place a chance.

My friend and I decided to try the menu in the hotel restaurant as we thought it might be too late to go out. At 9pm is was already deathly quiet and we were the only table in there. We ordered. As a veggie although the options were incredibly limited they were interesting so I was happy. I ordered a glass of Sauvignon Blanc also $15. I asked the manager what the chips were cooked in. She didn't know so asked the kitchen. When she told me Canola oil. I had no idea what it was and nether did she. It didn't fill me with confidence. My friend ordered a side of asparagus to go with his main.

We waited about 25 minutes whilst we watched plate after plate being sat on the service area and covered and still without our own food (which we later found out were staff meals). Eventually it came. We tucked in hungrily having already having waited too long in a restaurant that had no other seated customers and it now being about 10pm. My food was cold. Really cold inside. It had clearly been whipped out of a fridge and stuck in an oven. No one had bothered to check that it was heated through. My friends asparagus also turned out to be brocolli and cauliflower- not remotely similar. We complained about all of this and I was offered some chips. DISGUSTING! The staff were completely feckless and incapable of addressing the issues. They didn't charge me for my meal but they still charged me for my wine which now I am really angry about as this should have been complimentary at least to make up for the appalling service. I certainly should not be charged for food not palatable but to then do nothing more with regards the bill. Not acceptable.

We headed across to the bar which was already closing up for the night- at 10pm!!!??? We were at least able to get a glass of wine and bottle of beer but the spirits etc had all been put away. I've never known a hotel bar close so early.

Of the many places I stayed during my three weeks in New Zealand, this was undoubtedly the worst on so many levels. I would never visit here again and with so many great places to choose from I would urge others to save their money and look elsewhere.

Room Tip: A city view doesn't mean a view of the city.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Urbanexplorer31

Thank you for taking the time to write with your concerns following your stay with us. I was very disappointed to read your feedback and have spoken with all departments concerned. You did not experience the standard of service we strive to offer our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies. I hope the rest of your time in New Zealand. Safe Travels.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had an enjoyable stay on the whole but were disappointed by two issues: firstly our special rate included a 30 minute massage at the hotel spa but when I tried to make an appointment the only time available was 9.30am the next morning. The hotel did allow us a late checkout but I thought it was a bit poor. Also we had a twin room which supposedly was able to sleep 4 (ie two adults and 2 children) but the two "double" beds were definitely on the narrow side for 2 adults... in fact not even wide enough to fit two pillows! This was a particular disappointment and made for a pretty restless night for everyone - certainly has not been an issue in any other similarly-bedded room I have stayed in. Would wonder whether the superior rooms are any better in this aspect - it would be well worth the cost of the upgrade if the beds are bigger. On the whole though we had great service and the kids loved the buffet breakfast and the pool, so not a bad stay - just could be better.

Room Tip: The twin beds are very narrow - definitely not proper double-sized beds.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Robyn B
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hi, thanks for taking the time to give your feedback. Please accept my apologies that you were unable to book a Spa treatment at a time to suit. We make an effort to phone guests prior to them arriving so that an appointment can be made well in advance, to avoid disappointment. Sorry we missed you on this occasion. There's also a note on the website encourging people to pre-book, especially on the weekends, but this can be overlooked.
Our twin - double-bed rooms are soon to be replaced with two Queen beds making a more comfortable night for families.
I hope you will consider returning some time in the near future.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed for one night. Quiet location. The place is somewhat dated and has a confusing layout. Good size room with comfortable bed. Good size bathroom, although dated. Shower with poor shower head. Amenities include coffee maker and safe that fits laptop. Wifi was included for our group. Breakfast with very limited selection.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank cqfp123

Thank you for your feedback. We're looking forward to our guest room and lobby upgrade in the next few months. The Brasserie breakfast buffet is quite extensive, so I wonder if your comment refers to our Club Lounge Healthy breakfast and you were expecting a full buffet?

Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Always good to return to my favorite Rotorua hotel. Thank you for making me feel welcome again.

Love the location and view of the lake. Rex always looks after me in the Club Lounge.

Would like to see a lamb dish return to the menu in the Restaurant next time.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GriffinFamily4

We're happy your enjoyed your stay and you felt welcome to the hotel.
We currently have a lamb shank special every Monday night, however with the change of menu for Winter we will ensure we include a lamb dish!
Look forward to seeing you back one day soon.