“Make sure you do not leave anything behind...you probably will not see it again.”

Millennium Hotel Rotorua
Ranked #22 of 92 Hotels in Rotorua
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had booked a double garden room as we were travelling with our two children. On checking into our room the first thing we noted was there was no garden view.... Only of the footpath outside! A double room is not big enough for two adults and two children. I should have listened to earlier reviews on here stating that, and not the reservations staff at the hotel. The upgrade to a room with a balcony was appreciated however.

What was extremely disappointing was the fact that we checked out of the hotel, and unfortunately my daughter left behind her jewellery bag hanging on the back of the bathroom door. We realised this about two hours after leaving the hotel, and I rung them immediately. Nothing had been handed in by the cleaners, but they asked us to ring back the next day.... Which we did....new staff, no one knew anything about it... Not happy at the way this was dealt with.

At the end of the day, our fault we left it in the first place, and the jewellery was not expensive, but i would have expected a bit more honesty from a hotel of this calibre.

For that reason I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
I'm sorry the information regarding the room you booked with two double beds, was not clear or sufficient for your needs. We do have rooms that interconnect, which does give that extra space if families are travelling with children and don't wish to share the same room. It was also unfortunate we were not able to locate your daughter's jewellery bag and I have followed up with our Housekeeper, who stated the room was checked as soon as you rang the hotel and we also have it listed within our lost property system. The Front Office Manager advised he spoke with you the following day, when you called back and that he also double checked but the item had still not been found. Thank you for forwarding your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our family booked two rooms this week for one night. We found the staff pleasant and the rooms comfortable, but overall the hotel is feeling a little tired.
The air conditioner is quite noisy and the bathrooms seem in need of updating. The beds were nice and comfortable. We had booked this hotel to enjoy the Maori feast and show, and found on check-in that it was not on that night! When we were not really advised another option, we wandered down the street and found a nice pub/restaurant - the Kurious Kiwi - well worth a visit, nice pub atmosphere and all meals were wonderful.
We had stayed at this hotel prior and possibly would again, but just hope they keep up with the standards to suit their badge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vicki P
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation to stay here and I'm pleased you had a great night's sleep and enjoyed our breakfast selection. Apologies for the room service mix up but thank you also for bringing it to our attention. Kind Regards.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I booked a garden room but was given a room on the street, this was quickly rectified when I called reception. I had the only good nights sleep I have had in NZ accommodation, it was quiet! No banging doors or conversations through the walls. I ordered room service but a component from the menu was missing so I rang and it was delivered. The buffet breakfast was lovely and a great selection. On check out I hadn't been charged for the room service so luckily I was honest and advised I needed to pay for a dessert I ordered. Overall it was a pleasant stay and I would recommend!

• Stayed April 2013
I'm so pleased you had a good night's sleep and that you also enjoyed the great selection on our breakfast buffet. I would like to thank you for bringing the uncharged room service to our attention and also for your recommendation to stay here. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind Regards.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

What can we say- a great hotel . The place was very clean, rooms were spacious and well maintained. Staff was friendly and efficient - overall this is the best hotel we stayed in this holiday trip.

We wanted to explore the thermal city and John Chetty - Manager on duty on our arrival, checked us in and when enqurired about attractions and eating places he gave a snap shot of what we can do in our li8mited 2 days stay.

The experience we had certainly we are taking home a memorable memories to share with others, we thank John Chetty for the assistance.

Its been a fabulous time in Millinnium and Rotorua in general

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
What can we say, what a fabulous review. We thank you for your comments about being the best hotel on your trip. Having you leave with memorable experiences of your stay here and in our great city is just what we like to hear and I will be sure to also pass your comments on to John who was so helpful. Best Wishes.
Tahiti
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We Stayed for three nights, the hotel has obviously been recently renovated as everything pretty new . The hotel stay was very pleasant, and the staff were great in attending to your queries and needs, especially we found Mr. John Chetty - Duty Manager is amazing, nothing was too difficult or hard for him and he does it with a smile.The dining & drinking options were good. Especially good that a take out, coffee shop and convenience store is located within the hotel was very nice to have. The King size room was good especially the views of the lake, so its worth booking the room with the view.

We would like to mention that we had few housekeeping issues that was refered to staff and we are very happy to compliment Mr John Chetty dealt with them in timely manner plus took the second thought form us, he is a great Hotelier and is a the greatest asset to the company.

We will be back to Millennium Rotorua and also looking forward to catch up with John Chetty who made our stay a fantastic one.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I'm so pleased you had a pleasant stay and that you found our staff attentive; I will be sure to acknowledge John in particular for his great service. Thank you for posting your feedback, it is always a highlight for the staff to read the positive reviews and we troo look forward to welcoming you back. Kind Regards.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have to start by saying that the staff at the millennium were fantastic, they were attentive, helpful, flexible, good humoured and generally good people. The hotel and rooms are quite dated, the food was great, the gym needs some help though, if you like to work out this is not the best place. The air con was a little patchy which is not great in humid rotorua. The layout is a little confusing and the only advice I could give is much better sign posting the gym was a nightmare to find including trying to find my room. But not a big deal, it is a great location and great kiwi service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Yes we do have fantastic staff and it was great that you experienced their great Kiwi service. I have noted your comments about signage and in particular the gym as well as the air con in there and will see how we can improve these. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and we hope we see you return in the future. Best Regards.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently stayed in this hotel whilst attending a weekend conference. I arrived early in the morning and the concierge was very helpful in getting my luggage sorted and pointing out places to visit and lunch at. When I got back from my exploration of the city, my luggage was brought to me in my room. The room was very spacious and there was even a little private spa pool attached to the room! The swimming pool was fantastic and we even had breakfast and dinner by the pool. The buffet breakfast was great with lots of different options to choose from.

The location of the hotel was fantastic - centrally located and only a few minutes walk to the city centre and shops. There was also a Pak n Save just down the road.

Definitely would recommend to any traveller.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JELGoh
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation to stay here, we do have a fantastic location and it was great to see you had time to enjoy our pools as well as dinner and the many choices on our buffet breakfast. Best Wishes and we hope you return to enjoy in the not too distant future.