“Customer Service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #87 of 93 Hotels in Rotorua
Regina, Canada
“Customer Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

The customer service here was great. Udy was such great help if you needed anything. I found them to be friendly and very accommodating.

The drinks were delicious. I recommend getting a drink from this hotel!

Although the hotel was older, it was fairly clean. Our room was upgraded to a better room.

I felt safe in this hotel as the area was very nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Theresa M, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Than you Lis for your review. Your comments were well received by all the staff. Our customer feedback is a great way to measure our customer service and standards and I am happy to read we have met your needs. The team at the Copthorne Hotel welcome you in the future.

Theresa Mutlow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Thai first
Katikati, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

When you arrive it looks great. Then we were told to go in the lift to second floor and follow the numbers of the rooms, well after a very long walk with all our luggage we got to our room. It was what we expected for the money. There was stains on the ceiling, walls and on the carpet, very unclean. When we realized that there was smoking rooms we was on to the receptionist and she advised that the porter will turn up with an ashtray at 3pm, well we are still waiting. Sitting on our balcony that's when we noticed that the flash building you see at the front is for top dollar accommodation and the rest is tucked away at the back and really needs renovating. We was booked on the Lakeland Queen for dinner but they cancelled so I made a local call to them and the Copthorne charged me $2.20 for a local call which costs them nothing. "I was highly disgusted" We won't be staying there again. The only good thing my Husband liked was it had a big T.V. in our room but I did notice that all rooms don't have big T.V.'s

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you kindly for your review. Your comments have been passed onto Heads of departments to address issues that can me remedied on a daily basis ie the cleaning and the customer requests. I did read that you not all of our existing 110 rooms rooms do not have big screen Tv's. I can assure you all of the 110 hotel rooms do indeed have 32inch TV's as this was part of our major upgrade. Our hotel is presently undertaking further upgrades in parts of the hotel and our standard rooms will be given a light refurnbishment in the not so distant future. I thank you again as any form of feedback is a great tool for our team to embrace and thrive towards to ensure we are offering the type of service our guests expect.

Hamilton, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Attended a full day staff forum this week and have to say that this place had ample facilities!
The venue was fine, the staff service was excellent as was the buffet lunch, particularly the fish; went back for seconds.
My only concern was that it did seem to be a bit of a maze, though to be fair this could also be a quirky attraction.
As for a business venue for small to medium gatherings, certainly recommended; ample parking, good facilities, everything is right here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Theresa M, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you Dean for your feed back. Great to hear our customer service, facilities and food catered to your needs. I will certainly pass this review onto all staff concerned, I know they will appreciate your kind words. I know what you mean about the maze effect, unfortunately being an older building this seemed to be the trend in the late 50's, maybe a new layout plan could be on the cards in the future. Again thank you it is reviews like yours that helps us improve or embrace and move forward.

Regards
Lancashire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is located some way from the town centre and even further from the lake front, so if you don't have a car expect a 30 minute walk.

The hotel seems to be in need of refurbishment. The lift was very rickety and failed to work on one occasion.......the stairs felt a safer option. The door to the room had dropped on its hinges and needed to be lifted to open the door.

Dinner was awful. Few alternatives without travelling into town.

There must be better places to stay in Rotorua.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Theresa M, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately we have had a few problems with our left but our provider has done regular maintenance checks on it and I can assure you it is very safe to use. I was not aware there was a maintenance issue with your door. Not sure if you contacted recpetion but this is always the best policy as we wouold have it fixed in a timely manner. Thank you again and I hope we can welcome you back to the Copthorne Hotel Rotorua.

Travelers are raving about these Rotorua hotels

Auckland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Standard room with no air-conditioner was sauna in summer. Fridge was not cold. They change another one but it was not working again. My kids said garden and hall way looks like old hospital. It's cheap but not 4 stars hotel room which I was expected. Breakfast was OK. If I know renovation are and non renovation are so different, I never book old standard room.

Room Tip: renovation rooms with air-con in Summer
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you kindly for your review. We are planning our 3rd stage of refurnishment in our standard rooms in the very near future. Unfortunately our satndard rooms do not have air conditioning but we do have ceiling fans and extra portable fans available on request. We have done some extensive work on our interior corridors as our maintenance department are progressing through and having our corridors painted on a regular basis. If you plan to visit us again try out our superior rooms. They are well maintained with air conditioning. Thank you again for your review.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I booked two relatives from the UK into this hotel who were disgusted to find dirty sheets on their bed. The room was also very dated - not a good experience and I was surprised this hotel was so lax in their housekeeping

Room Tip: Try somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Val S
Theresa M, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you kindly for bringing this to my attention. I will be addressing these concerns to the Housekeeping department as a lax in standards is unacceptable and I do offer my sincere apologize for the service your guests received. Please be assured I do take this very seriously as we do have procedures in place to ensure standards are not compromised and I am very dissappointed to hear we did not deliver. Thank you again for your review it has been very informative.

Vancouver Island, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Two nights here and it was pleasant. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Beds large and mattresses firm. Thank you.
We only had breakfasts in the hotel. The selection was ok. Eggs ordered separately but served quickly.
Staff were a bit surly on the first morning and it was Christmas Eve. Reception staff very helpful.
What is it about charging through the roof for Wifi. Fortunately it was free in the public areas, but do you want to Skype or Facetime your families in an open area?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Theresa M, Manager at Copthorne Hotel Rotorua, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you Tony for your review. I was most pleased to read our cleanliness rated high with you as we have just put new procedures in place to ensure our service is of the best quality. our inhouse training has definately paid off. I know our internet charges have been mentioned by many international guests but this is a company pricing which recently has been made more affordable and a service we have no control over. With the changing environment and this being a service expectation I would hope it may be a service that is even more affordable in the not so distant future. Again thank you for your feedback.