“Rise up with yummy breekie”
Review of Atrium Restaurant

Atrium Restaurant
Ranked #96 of 223 Restaurants in Rotorua
Cuisines: New Zealand, European, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Rise up with yummy breekie”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Stayed at Rydges in August end and decided to have THe Rise breakfast at Atrium. I chose to have full cooked breakfast. Staff was good. Since its buffet I helped myself to spoil myself early morning. Choice of cereals, juice, bakery items, egg preps etc. were really yummy and fresh. topped up regularly, buffet area is kept cleaned at all times. sitting in a atrium and having breakfast was refreshing.

• Visited September 2014
James B, General Manager at Atrium Restaurant, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Thank you tAdvisor3101 for taking the time to share your experience. The team in the restaurant were proud to read you comments and we hope to have you dinning with us again in the near future. Kind Regards, James Billing, General Manager

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fabulous food and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We dined at a buffet style dinner at this restaurant. The waiter and restaurant manager were superb, very attentive and helpful. The food was kept hot, topped up regularly and well cooked. It would have been helpful to have had place cards advising what was in each dish, rather than having to take the lids off all the dishes and then deciding what to choose. However, a great dining experience, and one we will do another day. Well done to you all; keep up the excellent service.

Visited August 2014
James B, General Manager at Atrium Restaurant, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thank you Kej5 for taking the time to share your experience. The team in the restaurant were wrapped to read your comments. We have recently made some changes to the buffett selection and we now have the corresponding labels. We look forward to having you dine with us again in the near future. Kind Regards, James Billing, General Manager
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“"train wreck" on fenton”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

what a disappointment!!
I wish I had a bag of fish and chips or even a mcBurger as my experience at Atrium was a total disaster.
I was staying in-house at the Rydges hotel and looked forward to a nice meal in their restaurant.
Turning up at a reasonable time, I was told there would be quite a wait as they have a group of around 15 PAX just arrived (the rest of the restaurant looked petty quiet)
I was a little put off by the bistro appearance as the menu suggested it was "fine dining" but the food sounded nice so I decided to get them to send it up to my room so I could wait in comfort.
What arrived was far from fine dining, although I must say the presentation was pretty nice (photos enclosed)
I ordered the fillet steak medium rare and got a small but beautifully juicy medium/ med-well fillet but the rest of the meal was a total fail.
What was the chef thinking with the "pink peppercorn Jus".. it tasted more like molasses or over reduced balsamic or something.. way to strong and overpowering and no pepper to speak of. I am not sure about the semi-cooked tomato with the bland white sauce filling... reminded me of a 70's dinner party....and the side of fresh vegetables with a hollandaise sauce was more like an overcooked mush of veggies with a watery and tasteless yellow water.... and the Crème Brulee was beautiful looking but split.
Every part of the meal was pretty badly overcooked, although the steak was still quite nice.
Next time don't let the apprentice do the important stuff and check what you plate up is worth your reputation. You let yourself down on every level tonight.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank crocteaser
James B, General Manager at Atrium Restaurant, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Crocteaser,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Please contact me directly on my email james_billing@rydges.com.

Tustin, California
“Extremely slow service and moderate food, skip it.”
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We sat down at 7:00 pm for dinner and it took 45 minutes to get a drink and almost an hour to get soup. 1 hour and 45 minutes later I got my entree. The soup was great, but the chicken entree was marginal. Dessert came fast (I think because they have realized they messed up). I would skip this restaurant and go into town instead.

1 Thank Kari H
James B, Manager at Atrium Restaurant, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear theKa,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I would like to apologise for the delay in service you experienced as well as the quality of the items produced. We pride ourselves on our restaurant offering and if you would like to discuss this further I would be happy to hear from you my email address is james_billing@rydges.com.

Salisbury UK
“Great food but lousy "muzak"”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Dined here with friends while staying at a nearby motel. The menu was fairly extensive and the things we tried were well presented and tasty.

The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, despite us totally confusing our lovely waitress by being indecisive about what we each wanted!

The only downside we could find was the appalling muzak - fortunately it wasn't too loud so it didn't really spoil our enjoyments of the meal.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank QJH
James B, Manager at Atrium Restaurant, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear OJH,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. The team were thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. I have followed up and amended the music selection to hopefully enhance the ambience within the restaurant. We do hope to welcome you back to the Atrium Restaurant in the near future.