“Mountain biking heaven”

Planet Bike - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Planet Bike is a small, friendly company, based in the action packed centre of the North Island - Rotorua! We've been renting out mountain bikes for hire in the Redwoods for years. Our bike fleet comprises quality mountain bikes, 27 speed with alloy frame, disc brakes and front suspension. Professionally maintained. Full suspensions also available.
Reviewed April 1, 2014

This is a fabulous biking track. We had three hours of biking in the enormous park, the scope of which we did not fully appreciate until we had been there for a while. We loved the trails: Ball and Chain, The Dipper and Challenge. Lenore and her team were very helpful at setting us up with good quality bikes and we started our ride with a complimentary flat white and tea for my wife. We were given a map and Lenore escorted us to the start of the track.
For the most part the signage is pretty good and entrances and exits are clearly marked. However, because the property is so large, distances between tracks are not intuitively clear. Luckily, we asked some locals for directions and eventually found our way. For those who are first timers it would be helpful to have more signage about how to get to each track.

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"brakes"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I did not get to rent a bike from this location because it was far from Fenton st in Rotorua, but I did stop here before I went up to the mountain. Luckily I ran into Gale (employee/guide) who gave me absolutely excellent trail advice and mapped out a great series of trails for me. She was really kind and helpful to me and I was not even her customer. She even had someone ride me up the mountain to make sure I started at the right point. I had a great day biking because of Planet Bike and I highly recommend this place. Just make sure you have a means to get there because it is a few miles from the main street.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great advice about the trails from experienced local riders. Also the best coffee in town. Must visit...

Reviewed March 16, 2014

a tad dissappointing with their overall experience, responding to their customers emails is very slow ...when actually there, the bike was not ready and took about half an hour to get ready,

then when out on the trail the ride had now flow as such and diverted via a pump track to do loops of said track, rather then ride trails...

would not reccommend