“Don't waste your time”
Review of The Mexican Rotorua - CLOSED

The Mexican Rotorua
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Walked into the restaurant and we were ignored. We caught the eye of a waitress and said we would sit at the table at the front. Then we waited . . . .and waited . . . Another group arrived about 10 mins after us and the waitress went to them before us to take their order. We left.
Staff were dressed poorly and did not present well. The restaurant was hot and stuffy.
I won't bother going back.

BrendonArkwright, Owner at The Mexican Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Terribly sorry for your negative experience in my restaurant. I can assure you I will get to the bottom of exactly what happened. We are certainly not in the business of ignoring our customers and frankly that kind of behavior from my staff is completely unacceptable. thank you for pointing this out to me, even if difficult to read at times, feedback is vital to the success of our business and brand.
Brendon Arkwright.
Owner

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have searched NZ for good Mexican food, we have lived here six years and traveled up and down and across many times and haven't found one that we considered worthy to be called a Mexican restaurant until we came here! The best of all is our Kiwi friends love it too as it is not to hot for them! The decor makes the place a fun place to take friends visiting for dinner. Our last group of friends visiting us, we took here and they still haven't stopped raving about it.

2  Thank Anna-Marie S
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I know it would be an embelished statement to say that The Mexican does the best Taco & Tequilas in the world....but I love Mexican food and this happens to be my fav place. Also great frozen magratias....p.s- could you try offering a frozen mango magaritia, that'd be fab!

5  Thank excelandexalt
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I turned up without a booking and were shown a table straight away. The food was really fresh and tasty, with a good amount of chilli too. The chef was working at full pace the whole time we were there - and he did a fantastic job! Table service was a little slow at times, but generally friendly.

Decor is very authentic. Loved the Mexican tiles and decorations! Would definitely eat here again.

4  Thank Chch_Mel
Reviewed November 16, 2012

A busy Saturday night but meals made quickly. Great food, would eat here again. Seems a very popular restaurant and you need to get here earlier than later

2  Thank tourleaderAuckland