“Rare experience”

OGO Rotorua Inflatable Ball Ride
Ranked #2 of 20 Fun & Games in Rotorua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The experience of rolling down a hill inside a giant inflatable ball has been an iconic adventure experience since Andrew and David Akers developed the first operation in the world in Rotorua back in 1997. Rotorua remains the ONLY location in New Zealand where you can experience this amazingly fun and bizarre activity.With a new site just 5 minutes from the town centre with a hill that is almost twice as long, you can ride with 1, 2 or 3 people inside the same H2OGO (with warm water in winter or cool water in summer),race against your friends, or try the Harness OGO where you are securely strapped in and sent rolling head over heels through the trees down our custom designed harness track.OR … try our BRAND NEW ride; THE FISHPIPE!A new and unique type of water ride where you slide for over 600 metres! Further than the longest water-slide in the world!Up to 3 riders, 75 litres (20 gallons) of water and a barrel that spins at up to 45 revolutions per minute (although we can slow it right down for the kids and those of you with nervous dispositions.)If you’re riding solo, you can slide, try to run inside, or even try surfing on your feet. With 2 or 3 riders inside you slip and slide together in a tangled mess ... backwards, sideways, frontwards, upside-downwards and whose-foot-is-that-in-my-mouthwards.Open 364 days from 9:00 to 5:00pm in all weather conditions, do not miss out on this unique New Zealand invention. No bookings necessary.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Adelaide
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rare experience”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

It's really fun to go on this ride but better prepare some clothes before going as most of the rides are wet. And it's quite a short ride so it doesn't take as much time as other activities. However, I think it's a little tiny bit on the expensive side in term of price

1 Thank Timothy S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Must do, an awful lot of fun”
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Me and my family visited OGO on the last day of our stay in Rotorua. My gosh it was worth it, after arriving early Sunday morning we were whisked up to the top of the hill for our first run down the straight slope. We were then offered to take their go pro down, to film the experience but unlike many other companies would they let us take our own down to save buying the video. We slid into the ball and raced down the hill in warm water. We were tossing and turning it was like being in a washing machine. After a decent amount of time we reached the bottom and got out the OGO. Me and my sister rushed straight for the hot bubbling Jacuzzi to warm up before we went up for our second run, this time together. It was even more fun. We went up one last time to go down the sidewinder track. This was also great, however I preferred the straight track as it was much faster but my sister would disagree. So overall a great morning, with great staff and a great service. They even sent my jacket I left there back to me.

Jack
14 years old

Visited August 2014
3 Thank The_y0ung_0ne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ripoff”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Great fun for sure, but for 50$ pp having 2 people in one ball for one trip down... Also have to rent a towel if you don't bring your own. Ridicules expensive for that short wet experience.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank MARTYEV
Andrew A, Owner at OGO Rotorua, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Hold on just a second ... the $50 pp rate is for our premium ride. Complaining about the price while paying for our top experience is a little like ordering the McWhopper - Tower - Super Size - Double Down - Burger combo and then griping that your lunch cost too much!

And of course you don't HAVE to rent a towel if you don't bring your own, but, if you don't feel like drip drying on the deck, then, yes, we do have towels available for anyone who would like to pay the $2.00 fee to cover the laundering costs.
Altrincham
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Without doubt the funniest thing I've done in years...”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Wow! What an experience. Zig zagging down the hill in a gigantic plastic ball with warm water sloshing around and my 9 year old daughter giggling will be a memory I will treasure forever. It didn't matter that it was the middle of Winter and freezing cold, because afterwards we jumped in the red hot jacuzzi. Without a doubt the funniest thing I've done in years.

1 Thank NathalieBAltrincham
Auckland Region, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“They've thought of everything...and they have a cat!”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

There are two "human hamster ball" courses in Rotorua. I chose OGO because they seemed to have a better range of courses, and I wasn't sorry that I did. They've thought of everything. They lend you clothes so that you don't have to get your own clothes wet, and in winter the wet runs have warm water and you can warm up in a spa bath afterward. And the people were amazing. Very friendly, great senses of humour and excellent photo service. It is NOT easy to get a flattering photo of me, but these guys managed to get several. They also have an adorable tabby cat. :)

1 Thank kiwimusume