“Wicked!”

OGO Rotorua Inflatable Ball Ride
More Info
$435.79*
and up
Private Shore Excursion: Customizable Tour in Luxury Mercedes Vehicle with...
Ranked #2 of 20 Fun & Games in Rotorua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The experience of rolling down a hill inside a giant inflatable ball has been an iconic adventure experience since Andrew and David Akers developed the first operation in the world in Rotorua back in 1997. Rotorua remains the ONLY location in New Zealand where you can experience this amazingly fun and bizarre activity.With a new site just 5 minutes from the town centre with a hill that is almost twice as long, you can ride with 1, 2 or 3 people inside the same H2OGO (with warm water in winter or cool water in summer),race against your friends, or try the Harness OGO where you are securely strapped in and sent rolling head over heels through the trees down our custom designed harness track.OR … try our BRAND NEW ride; THE FISHPIPE!A new and unique type of water ride where you slide for over 600 metres! Further than the longest water-slide in the world!Up to 3 riders, 75 litres (20 gallons) of water and a barrel that spins at up to 45 revolutions per minute (although we can slow it right down for the kids and those of you with nervous dispositions.)If you’re riding solo, you can slide, try to run inside, or even try surfing on your feet. With 2 or 3 riders inside you slip and slide together in a tangled mess ... backwards, sideways, frontwards, upside-downwards and whose-foot-is-that-in-my-mouthwards.Open 364 days from 9:00 to 5:00pm in all weather conditions, do not miss out on this unique New Zealand invention. No bookings necessary.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I did the 6 corner one and loved it! The water was warm, the staff were friendly and the tumble down was so much fun. The hot-tube at the end is an added bonus. Would definitely OGO again!

Tip: Wear a t-shirt over your bathers ladies, my bather top came off! (Luckily I'd shirted up!)

4  Thank Evangeline30

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We highly recommend this tour. We had so much fun. We always felt like the team had our best interest at heart and it was so professionally run. The staff are safety conscious and the hot spa was gold. We couldn't have been more happy with OGO. Thanks Michelle and the awesome team at OGO.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This was definitely on my friends to do list when we went to New Zealand. I also thought it would be fun. We decided to do both tracks which was worth it. We first went down the straight track with all three people in my group and it was hilarious. We were laughing the whole way down. The video was rather funny. Then we had to split up for the sidewinder track, but this track was longer and a lot of fun!! The hot tubs at the end were an excellent bonus because we were there on a rainy colder day. Definitely go check this out!!!

1  Thank Xcountry8614
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The staff was great! This was on my NZ bucket list for a while and it lived up to my expectations. My friends and I had an awesome time! I would recommend the winding track! The hot tub at the end and the blow dryers in the changing rooms we nice to help us warm up after our ride in the winter.

1  Thank Melissa G
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Rolling down a hill in a human hamster ball was on my wife's 'must do' list during our visit to NZ. We arrived just after a school group was finishing up. The lag gave us the chance to get changed and sorted out.

We did the side winder. Luckily we had our own waterproof camera and we're able to record our own tumble. It was lots of fun.

Like other activities of this sort, the price to duration ratio is quite uneven. This was our one off activity on this trip. Such is life.