“Brilliant!”

OGO Rotorua Inflatable Ball Ride
More Info
$745.19*
and up
Private Shore Excursion: Customizable Tour in Luxury Mercedes Vehicle with...
Ranked #2 of 20 Fun & Games in Rotorua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The experience of rolling down a hill inside a giant inflatable ball has been an iconic adventure experience since Andrew and David Akers developed the first operation in the world in Rotorua back in 1997. Rotorua remains the ONLY location in New Zealand where you can experience this amazingly fun and bizarre activity.With a new site just 5 minutes from the town centre with a hill that is almost twice as long, you can ride with 1, 2 or 3 people inside the same H2OGO (with warm water in winter or cool water in summer),race against your friends, or try the Harness OGO where you are securely strapped in and sent rolling head over heels through the trees down our custom designed harness track.OR … try our BRAND NEW ride; THE FISHPIPE!A new and unique type of water ride where you slide for over 600 metres! Further than the longest water-slide in the world!Up to 3 riders, 75 litres (20 gallons) of water and a barrel that spins at up to 45 revolutions per minute (although we can slow it right down for the kids and those of you with nervous dispositions.)If you’re riding solo, you can slide, try to run inside, or even try surfing on your feet. With 2 or 3 riders inside you slip and slide together in a tangled mess ... backwards, sideways, frontwards, upside-downwards and whose-foot-is-that-in-my-mouthwards.Open 364 days from 9:00 to 5:00pm in all weather conditions, do not miss out on this unique New Zealand invention. No bookings necessary.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed March 15, 2013

An an amazing experience, a must for anyone visiting the area. Make sure you do the longer course as it is a lot of fun!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Yesterday we had a roll down the hill with OGO and had a wonderful time. The staff were super friendly and treated us like we were the only customers there despite them being quite busy. The equipment and facilities were clean and well maintained. I highly recommend getting doing the combo with the straight one as a warm up and the sidewinder as the cherry on top! So worth it, and less expensive than the other guys down the road. Keep it up OGO and thanks for the great ride!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

When we drove up, we thought it was closed, as there wasn't a car there! However a bunch of people showed up while we were in the "hamster ball", and it sounds like the traffic fluctuates a lot during the day. Good not to have to wait!

The balls are getting old and yellow, as mentioned by a previous poster. Apparently they are about 2yrs. You can hire shorts, shirt and towel for $5, or $2 for any one item.

We were driven up the hill in an AWD and the guide filled the bottom of the ball with warm water. We chose to go in together (they said its more fun with two), and they also gave my husband a Go Pro to video from the inside on the way down.

My husband had been skeptical, but it was so much fun! You actually hear him say on the video, just after we went through the gates "ok, this is awesome" (in between all the laughing).

You don't get too tangled, because the warm water keeps you sitting in the bottom while you roll. Straight down (40sec) was probably a bit more fun, but the sidewinder (2min) was also great, as when the ball slows you can throw your weight forward to help it along. I'd recommend trying both if you can afford it.

The crew also jump right in when the ball stops, and get some great photos of you in the ball, getting out, and grinning like an idiot straight afterwards.

There's a hot tub you can soak in to stay warm between rides/after.

Photos were NZ25 or NZ40 inc video; pretty good value I think. Originally against buying video footage, we took the camera in anyway and the footage was so funny we decided to get it anyway.

Fun for any age, couldn't recommend it more.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The experience was great. The ball itself makes the ride very safe. Would have been Very good if the ball was less old. Some of the balls are getting yellowish and the visual from inside gets bad. We unluckily had one of these yellowish balls. But besides this all was great.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I went out on my own on the bus. (Number 1 bus from the centre) I went out with the intention of doing the dry one, but the member of staff there suggested the windy one (As did the bus driver). I hadn't brought a towel or anything - thankfully you can hire clothes and a towel there, which is a great idea and the only thing I felt that was well priced.

I wasn't really sure what to expect... And screamed in enjoyment like a little girl (No offense to little girls) all the way down! I'd say even though I didn't go with friends, doing on my own sure was fun! Very surreal experience for sure.

Personally I don't know how much it costs to keep something like this running; but I was pretty disappointed by the pricing. I would have absolutely loved at least 3 goes on the windy course but I'm not rich and $60 (£30 - 2013 est.) a pop, I thought was pretty steep. Would have been much better if it was either cheaper for one go or you got a package for a little more - because then I would have been happier and spent a little more possibly! I felt a bit suckered in to the photos too but thought as it was a one off I'd like them so I bit the bullet ($25!!!!)

VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE! Great staff, great fun as a one off but won't be going out of my way to do it again until it is more accessible price wise - and hence the one star being missed from the review.