“Unique”

OGO Rotorua Inflatable Ball Ride
More Info
$467.76*
and up
Private Shore Excursion: Customizable Tour in Luxury Mercedes Vehicle with...
Ranked #2 of 20 Fun & Games in Rotorua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The experience of rolling down a hill inside a giant inflatable ball has been an iconic adventure experience since Andrew and David Akers developed the first operation in the world in Rotorua back in 1997. Rotorua remains the ONLY location in New Zealand where you can experience this amazingly fun and bizarre activity.With a new site just 5 minutes from the town centre with a hill that is almost twice as long, you can ride with 1, 2 or 3 people inside the same H2OGO (with warm water in winter or cool water in summer),race against your friends, or try the Harness OGO where you are securely strapped in and sent rolling head over heels through the trees down our custom designed harness track.OR … try our BRAND NEW ride; THE FISHPIPE!A new and unique type of water ride where you slide for over 600 metres! Further than the longest water-slide in the world!Up to 3 riders, 75 litres (20 gallons) of water and a barrel that spins at up to 45 revolutions per minute (although we can slow it right down for the kids and those of you with nervous dispositions.)If you’re riding solo, you can slide, try to run inside, or even try surfing on your feet. With 2 or 3 riders inside you slip and slide together in a tangled mess ... backwards, sideways, frontwards, upside-downwards and whose-foot-is-that-in-my-mouthwards.Open 364 days from 9:00 to 5:00pm in all weather conditions, do not miss out on this unique New Zealand invention. No bookings necessary.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Reviewed December 8, 2012

This was a rather interesting experience, something i'm glad to have tried but would not repeat. I did the dry ride on the straight course, for $45. Its a quick ride down the hill, bumpy at points and you are out dizzy. The staff here are friendly and explain things clearly. I did not find it outstanding, but i would recommend it for the sheer experince.

There are newer reviews for OGO Rotorua

Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Always seen ads on TV and wondered what it would be like to sit in one and roll along...wonder no more
Did this today. Got there. First thing 9am . No wait time. He offers zigzag course which other course doesn't have. $60 for it by itself . $70for it with the rapid downhill. Obviously chose the combo

Located 5 mins from city centre, easy to find in son road . Got a 5%discount coupon from my Motel owner .
Dress to get wet. You can have water in the ogo so as it rolls along and you are bouncing from side to side inside you also get wet. Water is only to about your ankles when you first get in but the movement causes you to get soaked. Adds so much more to the experience.
The ZigGy course takes about 90secs. The downhill is about 30-40secs. I actually enjoyed the downhill more as you get thrown around a lot more as it's much more rapid. The zig zag obviously not as fast but longer time .
They are 2 different courses up on the hills overlooking the lake . You can't see out the ball as it rolls. Can easily get a friend to record or take pictures from the bottom. They have change rooms to get into warm clothes after .
I did go to the other company zorb a day earlier but didn't proceed as was told will take 90mins to do 2 courses.. much more crowded and no zigzag course
This was 20mins in and out. Lifetime of memories.
Ps. I rode solo. You can have 2 people together if one person scared to go alone but the pricing is silly. Its like 45pp solo or 40pp combo for downhill. Can't see why anyone would share a ball for a $5saving

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I've been wanting to do this for so long and was super excited to give it a try. I chose OGO over the other provider in town after reading reviews on tripadvisor and also when the motel manager mentioned that the staff are friendlier here. The ride itself is quick and fairly expensive for the amount of time but YOLO (you only live once!) Staff were friendly - recommended.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

A must do for anybody traveling to Rotoura. Staff are very friendly and loved there job. Thanks guys.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We went all over NZ and did loads of things, but this was a *major* highlight. What great, hilarious fun!

We went there so my husband could do it and I was really reluctant to have a go myself. I'm overweight and thought I'd probably just feel stupid supermanning into the ball! The staff tried really hard to alleviate my concerns and I'm really glad they did - it would have been completely tragic to have missed out on that!

And it's not scary - more just, I dunno, fun? Like a water slide, except so much more fun than that! (And I love water slides) We drove and looked at similiar attractions in the area, but the tracks at Ogo were longer. Really glad we went there.

Definitely can not miss this if you are heading out to Rotorua.