“Wish I could do this everyday!”
Review of OGO Rotorua

OGO Rotorua Inflatable Ball Ride
Ranked #2 of 20 Fun & Games in Rotorua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The experience of rolling down a hill inside a giant inflatable ball has been an iconic adventure experience since Andrew and David Akers developed the first operation in the world in Rotorua back in 1997. Rotorua remains the ONLY location in New Zealand where you can experience this amazingly fun and bizarre activity.With a new site just 5 minutes from the town centre with a hill that is almost twice as long, you can ride with 1, 2 or 3 people inside the same H2OGO (with warm water in winter or cool water in summer),race against your friends, or try the Harness OGO where you are securely strapped in and sent rolling head over heels through the trees down our custom designed harness track.OR … try our BRAND NEW ride; THE FISHPIPE!A new and unique type of water ride where you slide for over 600 metres! Further than the longest water-slide in the world!Up to 3 riders, 75 litres (20 gallons) of water and a barrel that spins at up to 45 revolutions per minute (although we can slow it right down for the kids and those of you with nervous dispositions.)If you’re riding solo, you can slide, try to run inside, or even try surfing on your feet. With 2 or 3 riders inside you slip and slide together in a tangled mess ... backwards, sideways, frontwards, upside-downwards and whose-foot-is-that-in-my-mouthwards.Open 364 days from 9:00 to 5:00pm in all weather conditions, do not miss out on this unique New Zealand invention. No bookings necessary.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Wish I could do this everyday!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Yes, it was a little more money than we would have liked to spend but when else are you going to do something like this? It was chilly the day we went, but the water inside the ball was warm so it felt great! My husband and I did the zig-zag and the straight hill. Both were awesome!! We were the only ones there at that time so no waiting- we got out of the ball, jumped into a warm truck and got driven to the top of the hill again. They let you stay in the warm car until the ball is all ready so you can just jump out and go! The guy didn't let my husband bring his waterproof videocamera in it (for safety reasons) but he did give us a camera and let us put our sim card in it. Everything was great!!

Visited August 2012

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun fun fun”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

the staff were great the service perfect, if they could have changed the weather it would have been perfect. Cost was better than expected including video and photos of run.

1 Thank Matthew B
Tauranga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth it, especially for children”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My 10 year old son can't stop talking about his new 2nd best thing to do ever (1st is Dream World). We had a great time rolling down those hills. Water was heated, staff were friendly and the pictures at the end came out very well.

1 Thank A M
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So much FUN!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My boyfriend and I went on a Saturday afternoon in October. We chose the zig zag run with warm water. You can hire shorts/tshirt/towel for a small fee. They give you a small video camera to record the trip down. It was brilliant, we were both laughing so much!!!! I would highly recommend choosing the water one down the zig zag run!!

The staff were really lovely and friendly.

This was definitely a highlight of our weekend in Rotorua.

Thanks to the staff at Ogo.

1 Thank LLandCoolJ
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Addictive Fun”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I took my two girls (8&10) here on a bright sunny day this October. They went on the down hill and zig zag course.
After the first run on the straight down hill run they were totally beside themselves with excitement.
They then went on the zigzag and that just finished them off! They spent all their pocket money to convince me to chip in for a third ride which I did.
The experience is on the higher end of the entertainment scale...we spent about $200 but I am a firm believer in quality not quantity and even though we did some amazing stuff on the same holiday they will remember their first OGO ride probably for the rest of there lives.

The team were friendly, you could tell they were still excited about sharing the experience with others and the presentation of the venue was excellent. Fresh and clean, lawns mowed, no litter and some cool music playing....just all round well done.

If I was to criticise one thing I would say that the subsequent ride deals could be discounted better OR maybe the pics free if you spend over a certain amount...little incentives maybe.