“Uncle Tim is the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 56 Tours in Rotorua
Auckland, New Zealand
“Uncle Tim is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Tim is very nice and the best guide. My family and I spent a wonderful time with him and enjoy the tours very much.Definitely recommended!!!

Visited May 2013
TaylorsTours, Owner at Taylor's Tours, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Another special time with my friends. I always find I learn something new and interesting from visitors so it is a 2 way exchange on our tours

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Uncle Tim - highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had a fantastic day out from a cruise ship docked in tauranga where I designed a wonderful tour myself for my husband and I, into Rotarua. This involved going white water rafting followed by Wai-o-tapu, followed by bathing in the Waikite springs. I planned this for a good mix of adrenalin, followed by natural wonder/beauty followed by tranquil relaxation in beautiful unusual surroundings. I had to book a private tour as no other company offered this combo. So after much enquiry to different operators we booked with Uncle Tim who offered us a competitive price for a private tour.

On the day, Tim picked us up promptly and took us to all of our desired itinerary, also kindly being flexible enough to throw in an extra visit to Skyline at the end of the day, because time had been on our side. He was knowledgeable, kind and friendly and struck the perfect balance between telling us information of interest and being chatty but also giving us the right amount of space to enjoy our romantic day out as a couple, without us feeling intruded upon. I would highly recommend Tim - it was a truly magical day that we will remember forever.
Best wishes, Esther and Ronnie, UK

Visited February 2013
TaylorsTours, Owner at Taylor's Tours, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
So pleased Esther and Ronnie enjoyed their " romantic " day out. It was a highlight visitng the Waikite Hot Springs for me also - a perfect antidote to the previous physical activities. Good to catch up on UK gossip as well
Pompano Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Our Day With Uncle Tim”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our day with Uncle Tim lived up to expectations and then some. We wanted to see as much of the Rotorua area as possible in a day and Uncle Tim delivered. He picked the four of us up at our cruise ship in Tauranga and filled the day with visits to Wai-O-Tapu ( the champagne pool is exquisite in its colors as is the glowing green of the Devil's Bath). The thermal activity and the shooting geyser at Te Puia were more highlights in our day's travel, made more enjoyable by Tim's easy-going and informative manner. The Agrodome and Kiwi 360 were also enjoyable and the drive back to the ship through the beautiful beach area of Maunganui was memorable. I can't thank Tim enough for making this day so enjoyable and would highly recommend him to anyone who wants to see this area of New Zealand as we did. What a special day it was! Thanks so much, Tim. (From Kathy, Dave, Anne and Jane)

Visited January 2013
TaylorsTours, Owner at Taylor's Tours, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
All places of interest are visited many times , I always find and learn something different each time. As everbody has different questions and knowledge and we had a great day touring.
Tampa, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“From the Tauranga cruise port to Waitomo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I knew we wanted to visit the Waitomo glowworm caves and do the Legendary Blackwater Rafting tour there, but this was not offered as an excursion from our cruise ship because of the distance from port. Luckily, I found out about Taylor's Tours and emailed with Tim several months before our trip to find out if our plan was even possible. He assured me that it was completely do-able, and said that we would even have time for a side trip to a kiwifruit orchard on the way back to the ship. I'm so glad that I found out about Tim...his knowledge of the area and experience with cruise ship passengers (as well as land-based trips!) helped make our long day go off without a hitch. Before we even arrived in New Zealand, Tim made the arrangements for us for our blackwater rafting tour. He got the tour company to book us on the 10:30 am tour, but to allow space for us on the 12:00 pm tour just in case we were delayed getting off the cruise ship for some reason. Luckily, we got off the ship bright and early as soon as we docked, and Tim was there waiting for us. We hopped in the car and were off to Waitomo (about a two-hour drive). While on our way, Tim told us about the area and some of the tour groups he'd worked with in the past, answered any general New Zealand questions we'd been wondering about, and even told us to go ahead and take a little nap while he drove if we wanted to! When we got to Waitomo (in plenty of time for the 10:30 tour), he came inside with us and made sure we were all set with the tour company. He then waited in the cafe area while we did our three-hour rafting tour. After we got back and had a bite to eat for lunch, we hopped back in the car and started making our way back to Tauranga. As promised, we even had time for a quick stop (about 30-40 minutes) at a kiwifruit orchard, where Tim rode along with my husband and I on the short version of the orchard tour. We had some time to shop and sample the kiwi fruit, juice, wine, etc., then we took some photos outside and were back on our way. We arrived back to the cruise ship about 45 minutes before we needed to be back on board, so there really was plenty of time to do everything we wanted to do. It was so nice to have Tim to take us out to Waitomo and back; I felt completely confident in his ability to get us all the way out to our tour and then back to port in time because of his experience in the area with various types of groups. Thanks Tim for helping us have one of our favorite day-trips in all of New Zealand!

Visited December 2012
TaylorsTours, Owner at Taylor's Tours, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
As ever it is rewarding to hear back from our visitors that they have enjoyed their varied Kiwi experiences.In this case with Black Labarynth - well done to them - Skytower for Auckland viewing - and for an historical overview at Waitangi.
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“We love Uncle Tim!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

My husband and I used Tim Taylor's Tours for a trip to Wai-o-Tapu and also to drive us to the bus station the morning of our departure. I can't say enough about this guy -- he is friendly, knowledgeable and interesting. He has been all around the world and can converse intelligently on many subjects. He was great at explaining everything we saw at Wai-o-Tapu. Like I said in the title, we love you, Uncle Tim!

Visited November 2012
TaylorsTours, Owner at Taylor's Tours, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thanks again guys for a great day out together. Hope to see you back again one day in the future