“Dyslexic chef on a go slow” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hennessy's Irish Bar

Hennessy's Irish Bar
Ranked #28 of 218 Restaurants in Rotorua
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Soups, New Zealand, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Drinks, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Halesowen
“Dyslexic chef on a go slow”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

went in and ordered. Shrip salad and chicken salad. Saw it go onto the computer as such waited ages only to have a burger delivered with the chicken salad. Sent back. Waited for ever for the other meal to arrive and sat wondering how long can it take to do a salad? I ended up having the meal eventually delivered after my partner had finished his meal and he is not a particular fast eater. I waited forever only to get a salad with hot shrimps on salad which did not resonate with ones expectations of cold shrimp. What was more disappointing than the hot shrimp was the fact they had absolutely no flavour whatsoever. They apologised for the problem and gave us a free round of drinks, however I found a black bit at the bottom of the glass which put me off somewhat. They also explained they had someone new in the kitchen? Would not go back again. Having said that the salad part of the meal was ok.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HalesowenMorticia
4menandadog, Owner at Hennessy's Irish Bar, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I find Trip Advisor both a great marketing tool and a helpful tool for selecting a service BUT unfortunately some people obviously use it as a means of discrediting and maliciously attacking a business and its staff.
On reading this review this morning I checked with my kitchen staff who have reviewed their system back six weeks and have found no evidence of this 'problem' occurring. I have also checked with all Duty Managers and there has been NO free round of drinks of any sort. It is NOT our policy to give drinks away to cover any errors that we may make. Our orders DO NOT go into a computer and the customer cannot possibly see the orders going through our till system.
I also find it contemptible to suggest my chefs are 'Dyslexic' and believe it's highly offensive to insult them as such.
We have had no new staff start in our Kitchen in the last six months and our Head Chef has worked for us for over four years and all our other chefs have been here for over 18 months. So where you got the information that it was new staff in the kitchen is absolutely beyond me.
On any given week Hennessy’s serves more than a thousand meals and one of the areas that our kitchen staff most prides themselves on the quality and speed of service they achieve. I am not saying they NEVER get something wrong as in all hospitality businesses it can be very demanding when the pressure is on.
I believe this incident never occurred and my staff (office, kitchen and bar) have scrolled back through all our records for the last two months and cannot marry this story to an order. I invite this person to contact me personally and explain more about their fictious ‘experience.’

Melbourne
“Good place to eat and socialise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Food reasonably priced, friendly staff, quick service, enjoyable
Liked the range of main courses and drinks. Staff were quick to respond to requests. The ambience was particulary good as evidenced by the number of people in the middle of the afternoon who were eating and drinking inside and out.

Visited March 2013
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
“Not a good experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Waitress friendly enough when we saw her and food ok but appetizer not brought out until after main served and we asked where it was. We also ordered more drinks during main but they never turned up. Our waitress never came back after the main was served so we could ask about the drinks. When we got the bill we were charged for the drinks anyway. Got a hassle from the manager to take it off the bill but they did it, however, when we paid, they charged us for it anyway so we had to go back in and get a refund. Would not return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We often come here as our local, has nice food, band playing some nights, great service, all round a great feel to the place.

Otley, United Kingdom
“friendly bar and eathouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Great landlord/landlady in atmospheric bar with Good beer and food. Landlord took it well when England won Wellington Sevens.

• Visited February 2013