“4 Glorious Pools”

Ranked #47 of 58 Specialty Lodging in Rotorua
Queensland, Australia
“4 Glorious Pools”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Unit 5 had all that we needed. Keeping in mind that this is an old building, it wasn't flash but was comfortable and spacious and everything worked just fine. Our car park was right out the front of our lodge.

The 2 main pools were full and ready to use as soon as we got there so in we hopped. Meditating in these pools and allowing the healing properties of the geo thermal water to to just "be" in, helped my aching legs alot! Night time in the pools was beautiful as we float and look at the stars.

The 2 other smaller pools were being cleaned but were filled up the next day. Very private pools for 2 or 3 people - lovely.

Towels and toiletries were replenished daily with a smile :) The man at the fron desk was very helpful in confirming a Maori Village tour for me. A great stay ..... try the sauna too !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
london
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed 2 nights there and booked for 4 people.
For the price. you can get so much more in other motels.
The first unit we stayed in, had a problem with the heater, it was like being in a sauna. The beds were uncomfortable, broken curtains, you couldn't close them properly. No wi-fi.
But the worst, the cleanliness was terrible.
The second night (because of the heater issue), we had been moved to another unit, I had hopes but it was as terrible. The unit was dirty, towels with stains and I found a dead insect in one bedroom.
The outdoor hot tubs are also in a terrible state, I didn't even dare using any of them.
The nicest moment was when we left. I cannot believe this place is still open, for people traveling from far, it is a shame to end up in this motel. It is a total waste of money.
Maybe it used to be good but when we visited they was nothing positive about it. At least, we have a good laugh when we think back about this place!

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank envie v

Travelers are raving about these Rotorua hotels

Corlette NSW
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This was a great Stay for us, yes the rooms are abit dated but they are tidy and we were informed by the owner he is planning on updating, the housekeeping staff were very helpful. Having the Hot pools was a huge bonus as anywhere else you have to pay to use them and they are included in your room price!! Cheap Accommodation would definately stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Travelbug041983
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Shame this place has been left to deteriorate so much. But it's clean and reasonably priced. Saved some money and was good having natural mineral pools though not the most beautiful pools they are not awful. The cooker was disappointingly grotty however so didn't use that. Would consider staying again if on a budget.

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank Kiritopa
durham
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed there for one night. It is hard to find due to the tree covering the sign. It is right on the main street. But it is quiet and big enough for two. The plus is the hot spring spa. The owner is not very talktive. You have to ask questions to get what you want to know.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank li000044
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We have stayed at these premises for several years now because of Raggamuffin. We have always had some sort of issue with this place but overlooked it because of the convenience of accommodation for a larger group and relaxed environment for teenagers. I can not overlook it anymore!!
The first year staying here I was quoted a price over the phone which I wrote down as this was going to have to be relayed to the other people in group... on checking out after two days, we were told it was going to be a different price (higher rate)!!! We did not argue too much about it as I had no email confirmation, only verbal.
The second year I ensured the price was correct on check in. Not too many issues that year
This time we are not even going to get to stay there as I have just been rung and told our booking is being cancelled for January next year (anniversay week end) as we are only staying for 2 nights (apparently there company policy is 3 days which was never told you us) and they have another booking for our rooms for 3 nights. Note we have stayed here for 2 nights in the past. I thought visa card details ensured your accommodation was secure. My booking was for 16 people!!
Do not stay here as the communication is very poor and prices are quite high for the facilities available to you. Very dated accommodation.. only bonus is the hotpools.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
7 Thank Emily H
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I almost never write reviews of anywhere. But some of your reviews sound to me like they were written about another place and not the one I know. I come down to Rotorua frequently for business and I nearly always stay here. Yes, it is a very old place but I have always found it immaculately clean. Yes, the last owner was unpleasant at times but it is now owned by a young Korean couple who are polite, friendly and veyr obliging and the place is very cheap, especially given this is a tourist hotspot. The pools are amazing value and frankly, you pay for everything in this city, up to 30 dollars just to have one session in a hot pool. Here, they are included in your room price. If you want to stay at the Hilton, expect to pay the Hilton price but if you want somewhere with great pools and cheap this is it. Yes, it is on the main road and getting out can be a problem, but in this country we dont necessarily want instand road acess and compared with the service I had anywhere in the US, I cannot understand some of these reviews

Room Tip: The oldest rooms are the cheapest so if you dont mind a faded carpet ask for the small rooms