“Nice but overpriced and terrible staff”

Nuvolari Restaurant
Ranked #172 of 223 Restaurants in Rotorua
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane
“Nice but overpriced and terrible staff”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I thought dinner was overpriced for what we had however the food was good and well cooked, my 4 year old had fish and chips and it was real fish.
The staff here are really bad, no idea on how to greet you, very bogan in their style, most likely travellers working their way around NZ.
I would not eat here again.
My husband had the pizza, it was okay but nothing to write home about.

• Visited May 2013

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Worst dining experience ever!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

On a recent trip to rotorua we decided to eat here for dinner based on the menu and the nice looking ambience. We were greeted by a friendly waitress who showed us to our table, and it wasnt long before our order was taken. The night then descended into a long wait for our meal. I had ordered the lamb with roasted winter vegetables. The vegetables were black and burnt and inedible. The waiter agreed and was kind enough to return with a replacement but by this stage I had finished my lamb and just wanted to leave.
When it came time to paying, this is when I encountered the most rude, arrogant and obnoxious man! In all my times eating out I have never encountered such treatment! This man who was behind the till ( I guess was the manager?) did not speak to us or give any eye contact as he passed us our bill. When I mentioned how disappointed I was with my meal with the burnt vegetables he said this was the first he'd heard of it. When I told him his waiter also agreed the vegetables were burnt, he replied that the waiter was new and had only started yesterday. What pathetic excuse is that blaming the new staff?? He then got into an arguement with me that I didn't know what "char grilled" was!!
I have since read the reviews of this place and wonder how he is still in business. I am not the first person to mention the "rude guy" behind the till. AVOID this place at all costs. Spend your money on an establishment that is worthy of your hard earned $

• Visited April 2013
6 Thank L G
“Lunch for $9.90 each. Wow.”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We are regulars at Nuvolari and visit most times we are in Rotorua. The $9.90 lunch menu is the best value for miles around. Once I chose from the regular lunch menu and have stuck with the specials ever since, such is the quality and value. Throw in a wine and beer, and lunch was perfect. The special menu is Motorsport themed and reflect that countries food, quite a unique concept. Staff are always friendly and there is no reason we will not continue to have our lunches there.

• Visited May 2013
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
“Italian Rave”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Lovely Italian meal with great menu choices. Attentive staff and moderate prices. The pizza I had was excellent.

Visited May 2013
Brea, California
“Good Food, Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife & I, and our two adult sons ate here. Had a chicken pasta dish, and 2 different kinds of pizza along with a carafe of their house wine. All good, reasonable prices, nice location. Restaurant is a little noisy, so don't look for a cozy romantic dinner setting, but rather its a friendly, fun place to eat a good meal.

• Visited April 2013