“Highly recommended”

$73.96*
Kawarau Jet Rotorua and Mokoia Island Combo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: If ever a tourism operator lived up to its catch-cry of speed, spins and adrenaline, it’s Kawarau Jet. You only have to look at the smiling faces of passengers when they get off the big yellow boat to know they’ve had an awesome experience. With a wide range of exhilarating and inspiring activities to choose. Ourtrips range from 30 minutes of speed spins & adrenaline to 2 1/2 hours. Combined jet boating with the Manupirua Hot pools. This is only accessible by boat. No roads here. Great fun for all ages. Or try our Parasailing. We offer ten minute flights either tandem or solo. Sit back and enjoy the exhilaration of free flight and admire the great scenery, before returning to the flight deck for a smooth landing on our purpose built Parasailing boat.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Wollongong, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My mum and I did the jetboating. We had originally booked parasailing too but unfortunately due to the wind we were unable to do that. But the jetboating was fantastic, lots of fun and very interesting hearing about the local culture and history of Rotorua. Good fun, highly recommeded!

Palmerston North, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thoroughly fun and exciting”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

My friends and I booked the package with the jet boat and walk at Hamurana Springs. It was totally enjoyable and memorable even though the weather was bad. The guide on the jet boat was really nice and even though it was raining (throughout the whole time), he stopped at certain places of the lake and explained the stories of the history behind the different islands. And we loved it whenever the guide makes a drastic spin when stopping the jet.

We were given 45 minutes to walk Hamurana Springs. It's a beautiful place - water's so clear and blue, and you get to see rainbow trouts there. You'll also get to walk through redwood forest, which is absolutely lovely. Overall, a very nice place with relaxing scenery.

Invercargill, Southland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing day out!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Hi there! My name is nikki I am about to go home to the Uk after a year of working and travelling in New Zealand. I occasionally found it difficult doing activities because I was a solo traveller! However the Kawarau family at rotorua were very accommodating! My fear of height often made me reluctant to partake in activities I knew I'd find challenging however as well as having a little fun with my fear of heights the kawarua family helped me overcome it and even volunteered a member of their team to be my pic (partner in crime) and go up parasailing with me :) I was so stoked not to have to be up there alone!

To top it off I got to go jet boating straight afterwards for a combo price!

Definitely worth a visit.... Whether your scared of heights or not awesome day out!

Thank u Nick u were my knight in shining armour! Paul? Not so much lol :)

Visited November 2012
kjetrotorua, Owner at Kawarau Jet Rotorua & Kjet Parasailing, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Hi there Nikki, We are so glad you enjoyed your Parasailing and we could supply a person for you to go up with. And we especially like the fact that you love Invercargill. Good luck with your travels.

Cheers Fiona
St. Albans
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Parasailling is crazy fun!!!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My girlfriend and i went up together and it was simply amazing. Great views and such a rush. It gave me the confidence to go and do a skydive. (i am very scared of heights.)

Visited October 2012
Maketu, New Zealand
“Fun Adrenaline Good Time”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

A well-run and organised adrenaline packed adventure. Very professional and full of local knowledge. A great family activity, highly recommended.

Visited October 2012