Lake Okareka Lodge by lebua
$106
$162
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$127
$108
$484
$410
Priceline
Prince's Gate Hotel(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$144
$122
Best Western Braeside Rotorua(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$100
$93
$1,060
$850
Orbitz.com
Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort(Rotorua)(Great Value!)
$120
$105
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 31, 2011

In planning our recent trip to New Zealand I expected this lodge to be top drawer, however my expectations were greatly exceeded. We planned for a 3-4 day tour of the geothermal Rotorua/Taupo area and wanted to be based in a convenient location at a luxurious lodge. Lebua's Lake Okareka Lodge is not only luxurious but is geared toward the guest in a very personal way.. I also want to note that from the manager Dianna, the concierge staff Graeme and Lenore and the chef David, everything possible was done to make us feel quite specially treated. Our room was on the second floor overlooking the lake, in fact all rooms overlook the lake as the property sits on a peninsula which is one striking features of the lodge, and was just beautifully appointed and comfortable. It was truly a special travel experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank scott719
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We have stayed in many 'Boutique Lodges' around the world. The 'Lake Okareka Lodge' was our TOP experience throughout a 2 week visit to Australia and New Zealand. Where to start? The Lodge is absolutely stunning in location. Built on a narrow penisula, you can view Lake Okareka on two sides and the views are everywhere throughout the property, inside and out! The lodge is the epitome of top level luxury in every conceivable way from the 3 stunning rooms/suites to every room used for a purpose from the sitting room with fireplace, dining room, gym and many cozy cormers throughout the nice sized lodge. Our room was gigantic filled with high end furnishings, balcony overlooking the lake and a 10* bathroom! When you arrive, you are introduced to Diana who is the manager for Lebua resorts in NZ/AUstralia and manages from this property. She is a font of informartion, very friendly and is constantly making sure that every single you could even imagine as a request, is taken care of, tout de suite. We wanted to dine in front of the fireplace in the sitting room each night with a cozy table for two after she had mentioned this as an alernative to the main DR and it was done. And done splendidly! . We had a butler in the afternoon/evening, Grahan, who was amazing. A wonderful, informative man on many subjects with just the right mix of Kiwi informality and making sure that every single detail is done perfectly for whatever your venue is at the moment. From dining to discussing wines to helping with arranging cleaning and suggestions for the local area. Each night as he served us Appetizers for pre-dinner, he would teach us a bit more about New Zealand wines and even did an informal wime tasting as he saw we were interested. He is truly exemplary at his job and adds to the informal yet luxury feel of this special lodge. Then...there is Lenore. Lenore takes care of you from Breakfast into the afternoon. never have we met someone who encompasses all that a lodge like this needs. Warm and caring yet incredible detail oriented with that wonderful Kiwi sense of humor that puts you at ease and makes every morning when you come down for breakfast an event. Lenore will go the extra mile for you no matter what the request and she does it not because she is amazing at her job, but she is just a woman of amazing quality. Between Graham and Lenore taking care of you and Diana helping plan your stay, you are in the best hands possible. Now....I leave the 'Atomic secret' that pushes this Lodge way past the quality and experience of others in its genre throughout the Pacific. David Robinson. Chef Extraordinaire! My minor dietary restriitons taken into consideration (nothing from the sea and no beef), David make every meal an event worthy of a 3* michelin retaurant and yet, made and served in that Kiwi meeting of informal with 'top luxe'. The 5 course dinner each night was a feast of the senses. The breakfast was the best we had ever had...ever! He makes the breads, cakes, cookies for your room ( I loved a speoific cookie he had made for our suite's 'Cookie Jar'' and the next day he had made me a large amount to last the stay and to take with me when I left!) His meals were innovative New Zealand cuisine with only the top fresh local ingredients and all served iwith his signature talent of being delicious, unique, light to hardy and all infused with combined flavors that made you eager for the next course. Everything was so amazing it is hard to point to one meal but I can tell you thart out of the 3 nights, Confit of chicken with cous-cous, the Rack of lamb with fondant potato, Pumpkin ravioli with walnut and asge butter, Pork tenderloin with smoked apple puree and every single soup and his creative mixture of taste sensations for the bread of the evening, was a gastronomic wonder. Desserts were to die for from Cardamon creme brulee to a Mandarin and almond cake with rum raisin ice cream. . For breakfast, the scrambled eggs with chives, a touch of cream and other secrets was so addicitive, I had two orders. The kicker? I never order eggs on vacation! The daily trips that Diana helped create were wonderful and I strongly suggest you trust her instinct in taking all that you want to do...and sorting it out so it all flows perfectly. The Lodge is secluded and yet close to town and sites beyond. We enjoyed taking the thermal waters and spa treatment in town and visiting the thermal-geo wonders of the region. You could not experience a more perfect stay. We hope to return very soon.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank LeTerrible
Reviewed September 3, 2009

My husband and I were looking for the most relaxing experience we could find as he is always traveling through his work for a multinational corporation. We have frequented lebua’s Bangkok property and world-class restaurants and after the attention and service we got in those establishments, it only made sense to try Lake Okareka Lodge where we are the only guests. It was the right decision. I have ever felt more at peace then after a few days at the lodge. Diana, the Lodge Manager was absolutely phenomenal and the food prepared by the private chef was exquisite. Everything was arranged to our liking, from the finest wines to the food prepared and activities Diana recommended. I am not much of the adventurous type, so I enjoyed just relaxing and walking around this most beautiful lake area, while my husband got a chance to let go a bit. He even tried Zorbing. Yes, Google it, I had never even heard of it before, but he loved it. This truly was the most incredible vacation and worth everything we spent. We had done a lot of luxury travel but this felt different; everything was exclusively done for us to maximize our vacation. It just does not reach that level when you stay in suites at luxury properties, your own lodge is truly the way go for a true luxury experience. I wish lebua would open lodges elsewhere, but for now we will just have to make our way back to New Zealand!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sumonta
Reviewed August 27, 2009

I visited the Lodge with colleagues during a business trip. It's perfect for a small group or family, as it can only be booked by one group at a time, so you have total privacy. On arrival at Rotorua airport, we were picked up by our own chauffeur and enjoyed a 5-course dinner before relaxing by the log fire for a nightcap! In the day, you have beautiful views across Lake Okareka which, can also be accessed by the Lodge's own private beach. With a personal 24 concierge on hand, I really didn't feel like leaving the place at all!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank LyndsSydney
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I stayed at the "Lake Okareka Lodge" in early July 2009. It was an experience that I will never forget. An unparalleled level of service, comfort, and value at about US$ 2,000/night which is inclusive of 3 meals per day. For a relaxing, laid back holiday this is where it is at.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business