“Do a trekking when you are in New Zealand! (lake Waikaremoana)”
Review of Walking Legends

Walking Legends
Ranked #18 of 62 Tours in Rotorua
More attraction details
Owner description: Hike the Tongariro Crossing, Lake Waikaremoana & Coromandel Peninsula. Walking Legends provide all-inclusive guided walk packages on the North Island's Great Walks. Small groups led by an experienced, friendly guide. Includes accommodation, transport from Rotorua, hiking equipment, and great NZ-style meals and wine. Our guided hiking tours make it easy and rewarding to experience some of New Zealand's best walks, and to explore the remote and dramatic wilderness areas of the North Island.
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Do a trekking when you are in New Zealand! (lake Waikaremoana)”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

You simply HAVE to do a trekking in New Zealand as this is the only way to appreciate the true beauty of the country - I would not have want to miss out on this for the world. End of December I did the Lake Waikaremoana walk - a three day trekking. You can organize this yourself but doing this through Walking Legends makes that you don't have to worry about anything else then walking and enjoying. No carrying food or tents (they book the huts for you) and no cooking or cleaning, VIP walking this is! Awesome guide - very knowledgeable and super nice - great stories! Added value - check! Be prepared - no showers - but a cool dip in the lake (brrrr) also freshens up.

1 Thank LaurineCitroen

• Korean first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great way to see Tongariro”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Spending the money to get a professional guide with local knowledge and gear hire is a great way to get the most out of the walk, adding a whole new level to the experience. The service was responsive, professional and personalised. Highly recommended. I look forward to doing the Coromandel with Walking Legends in the future!

Visited January 2014
Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“The way to do hiking..”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I booked the three day Tongariro tour ..From the beginning of my experience to the end, Walking legends was amazing. Cathy was a great communicator, giving me all the information re. the walks, list of things to bring and accomodation recommendation. Our guide Phil was wonderful.. he is an amazing cook and a lovely person to spend time with. The Triple Peak lodge's view took my breath away. The house is a luxury place to stay in and the master bedroom was amazing. Overall, I would say this is the most luxurious walk I have been on and it's a lovely touch for the guide to take us to the hot springs and to Tongariro Chateau for a tea. Overall, I would highly recommend this tour for people who want to hike with a touch of luxury.

1 Thank Kakanova
Yerevan, Armenia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Walk the Coromandel with a team that really knows, and cares!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Walking trips in the Coromandel have a head-start on "fantastic" just by virtue of the natural drama and sheer beauty and diversity of nature there, but having knowledgeable well-organized guides to ensure you squeeze the last bit of juice out of this amazing fruits worth the cost. Walking Legends was superb - from Hilary and Cathy who handled my booking and many (many) queries and details, to Brad who led our small group and customized our four day Coromandel lodge trip so that it was exactly what our diverse little group would enjoy. Stunning scenery. Local secrets. Maori stories. Flora and fauna. History and legend. I would definitely do a trip with them again ... Heck, I would do THIS trip again with them!

Brisbane, Australia
“Coromandel Explorer - Fabulous family experience”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

My family had a fabulous four days on our Coromandel Explorer walk earlier this month. My children talk every day about memories from the trip, and how much they enjoyed it. Our guide (Brad) did an awesome job of tailoring the schedule to suit us and the weather so despite heavy rain we all loved the experience. I would definitely recommend this trip to anyone wanting to experience the gorgeous scenery of the Coromandel - particularly because it was enhanced by the detailed knowledge of a personable guide, comfortable accommodation, and fabulous meals. We hope to be back to do another of Walking Legends' trips!