“Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort Rotorua - Great”
Review of Wai Ora Spa

Wai Ora Spa
Ranked #5 of 13 Spas & Wellness in Rotorua
More attraction details
Owner description: Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort is situated on the picturesque shores of Lake Rotorua, central to Rotorua Airport, the city and the famous geothermal attractions of Rotorua. This contemporary lakeside resort features luxurious accommodation, and superb day spa facilities centred on New Zealand’s geothermal, cultural and natural heritage.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed for four nights to explore Rotorua. The place is just out of town which we loved as it was peaceful and right on the Lake. We had a superior room which was lovely. Kitchen sink microwave etc which was handy.
I would highly recommend. My highlight and what made this place exceptional was all the staff. Very professional and nothing was to much trouble. I must give a special mention to the cleaner. Our room was made up each day just perfect and she was very friendly.

There are newer reviews for Wai Ora Spa

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We`ve been there for 3 nights with 2 childs under 10. We were based there to explore the Rotorua region. The rooms were really confortables and cleans. We ate all of our dinners there and it was awesome. The staff was extremely kind with us and with the childs. We haven`t use the spa treatment.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I recently visited the Wai Ora lakeside spa resort. My wife and I booked in for the Mirimiri treatment ( use of spa and massage ) and I can thouroughly recommend this if you wish to totally unwind. Attentive staff looked after all our needs, and I couldn't fault the service. We will definitely be going back for another visit.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Nothing to complain. Loved this place. Located at the edge of Lake Rotorua, there were beautiful views of the lake. Great for walks around it.

We had a room on the ground floor. The room was beautifully appointed with a small bowl of complimentary fruits. There were dressing gowns, and hot water bottles provide for cold nights. The heater in the room worked very well. The shower was hot and strong. Plunger coffee and fresh milk was provided.

We had the shared entrees and shared mains so we could try as many dishes as possible. All the meals were beautifully presented and delicious. We thought the seafood chowder and the duck was the best, but all the other meals were just as good. We were too full to try dessert. Also recommend the 4 wines, chosen by the staff to match the meals. We like the Tohu label wine. Apparently it is the only wine produced by the Maoris. We understand the food incorporated local produce and thought it was a brilliant showcase of indigenous ingredients.
Breakfast was ala carte and part of the package. Technically you could order every item on the menu but I was not that greedy. We had the Kiwi breakfast (sausage, bacon, eggs and 2 small discs of kumera hash browns) and the eggs benedict with salmon. All delicious and beautifully presented.

Glad there was free wi-fi (rare for a 4-5 star hotel), great facilities, lovely dining room and a very elegant looking bar. Definitely an All Blacks fan.

All the good things about this place was complemented by the efficient and lovely staff especially the duty managers.

Could not fault this place. Will come back if we are ever in Rotorua again.

If you can’t stay at this place, I strongly recommend that you at least try the restaurant. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Wai Ora Lakeside Spa Resort along with my sister and her husband for our wedding anniversaries. The whole experience at this resort was first class. Every staff member, from the time of making the booking were exceptional. They were so friendly and helpful. Imagine arriving on a beautiful day to our welcome glass of bubbles which we had in the spa pool, followed by a relaxing massage. The food in the restaurant was exceptional! The mineral pool was delightful. We really did not want to leave our little piece of paradise and cannot thank everyone enough for making this such a wonderful weekend for us all. We would highly recommend the "Lovers Delight" package deal. Look forward to a return visit!...x