“AWESOME FUN”

and up
Kaituna River White Water Rafting from Rotorua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: River Rats have been offering quality adventures for over 30 years. There’s something for everyone, from a gentle grade 2 scenic raft trip suitable for participants as young as 5 years old, through to full on grade 5 action featuring the world's highest commercially rafted waterfall. Kayaking is available as freedom hire or a guided tour. Paddle the local lakes to a secluded beach or enjoy a hot water swim only accessible by boat.
Auckland, New Zealand
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“AWESOME FUN”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

we just came back from this awesome adventure. this is EXTREME white-water rafting. My wife and I along with some other friends went and tried it just before coming back from Rotorua. None of us had prior experience, but the professional instructors made it look so easy.
for the price we paid (99NZD) it was a great 2:30 hours of fun.

at one point my wife actually fell out of the boat!!!!!!! but we took her out of the water and into the boat in a minute. Weird part is, she really enjoyed that part!!!!!!!

if you are going to Rotorua or central NZ north Island, YOU HAVE TO DO IT :))

best fun ever!!!!!!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Ehsan V

Alexandria, Virginia
“Wonderful fun run by a great group of folks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

We rafted the Kaituna River and had a wonderful time from the very moment they picked us up at our hotel. Everybody was very friendly and the rafting was great fun. It is a very forgiving level 5 so I was not terrified but my daredevil, adrenaline junkie husband still had fun going down the drops :-)

Highly recommend this company!

Visited April 2012
Brisbane, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“AWESOME - This is a definate MUST DO!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

This was only my second ever rafting trip and I was so excited. Our guide David was so amazing - professional and fun - the trip just wouldn't have been the same without him. I would definately recommend this to ANYONE who wants an unforgetable experience in Rotorua. Thank you so much guys for the wonderful memories.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Fantastic energetic guides and a company which made an extra effort to cater for our corporate group”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

We had a fantastic trip rafting with this company on the Kaituna River as part of a coporate weekend away. We were very impressed by the skill and the energy (and, at times, the cheekiness) of the guides. We also really appreciated all the extra effort the team went to when catering for us. In particular, they re-jigged their schedules for us and took the time to explain the control systems of the lake (Okere Gates and Ohau Weir), of which we had a particular interest.

Portland, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“River rats is awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

I had an amazing time rafting with river rats. The secerenry was gorgeous. The guide was funny and made the trip so much better. One thing i loved was how they picked me up in town and dropped me off after the tour. It was perfect because I was able to do other things that day.

Thank you so much!