“An unforgettable experience!”

and up
Kaituna River White Water Rafting from Rotorua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: River Rats have been offering quality adventures for over 30 years. There’s something for everyone, from a gentle grade 2 scenic raft trip suitable for participants as young as 5 years old, through to full on grade 5 action featuring the world's highest commercially rafted waterfall. Kayaking is available as freedom hire or a guided tour. Paddle the local lakes to a secluded beach or enjoy a hot water swim only accessible by boat.
Glasgow
“An unforgettable experience!”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Choosing River Rats for my first ever rafting experience was definitely the right decision! It's safe to say I was a little nervous beforehand but all the staff are extremely friendly, helpful and have a great sense of humour. They definitely helped to settle any nerves I had. Above all though, they are knowledgeable and professional and your safety is paramount to them.

I chose the Kaituna River for my rafting experience which is classed as a Grade 5 route. It includes the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world, so it isn't for the faint-hearted; however it is definitely worth doing so take your brave pills and choose this trip! The Kaituna trip takes around 3 hours all in all (around 45 minutes of which is rafting time) so it is ideal if you are short on time in Rotorua!

What topped off my experience was the little things which River Rats have taken care of: for instance offering a complimentary pick up and drop off service from most central Rotorua accommodation. There are also professional photographers all around the route capturing your every move and you are also recorded so you can even take home a DVD showing first-hand just how exciting this really is!

All in all River Rats made this trip unforgettable and I cannot rate them highly enough. 10 out of 10.

Visited March 2011

Kenner, Louisiana
“A must for everyone.”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

This was my first rafting trip. I was a little nervous at first, not knowing what to expect. I must say, the professionalism, as well as the humor, which was very welcome, of our guides did help put me at ease. Once we started down the river I knew I was in good hands and had a blast. I was with a few teenage girls from my tour group and they were nervous at first also. But "Jose" showed us he could handle anything and we knew we had nothing to worry about. The river was awesome. We don't see that much in Southeast Louisiana so I was in awe of the scenery. We had a blast thanks to our guides and we would love to come do it again some day. Thanks again guys.

Visited June 2011
auckland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A pleasure to deal with on all levels.”
Reviewed May 29, 2011

The staff at River Rats could not have done their job any better. I hired a kayak for one day. The service, advice and gear was of the highest quality. Several times we commented on just what a good company it was to deal with.
The cost was very reasonable indeed and they went out of their way to make sure I was not rushed to return the kayak.
This was all done under an umbrella of safety first which was greatly appreciated.
Well done guys. You do it well.

Visited May 2011
“Amazing Rafting, had the time of my life!”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

River Rats Rafting was amazing. I had the best time ever!!!
The staff are so much fun, they keep you well informed and safe at all times.
If you want a great adventure, value for money and something to remember for the rest of your life go for it!

Visited May 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“AMAZING EXPERIENCE - MUST DO”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Loved it, i am not one for adventure and get quite scared, but River Rats made me feel so safe and comfortable i felt i could do it all again. The 7 metre water fall was so much fun, the water is not cold at all. The are so professional in their approach. Everyone that visits Rotorua this is a must do. You have to do level 5 !! If i can do it you can ...:)

Visited April 2011