“OK food an service”

Pizza Pasta Ruffino
Ranked #11 of 57 Restaurants in Paihia
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Ruffinos Pizza and Pasta has been located in Paihia for 18 years. We specialise in Homemade Pasta and pizzas, you can also create your own pizza. We are now doing gluten free pizza. We are fully licensed and also BYO wine. Dine in or Takeaway available, we do not deliver
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“OK food an service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

This food and service was OK. I've had better Italian, but I've certainly had worse, too. I found us waiting a long time between visits by the waitstaff, and when the food came out, it was decent. The prices were in line with other Paihia restaurants.

• Visited October 2012

• Polish first
Stoney Creek
“Fantastic Pizza and Pasta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

If you are looking for fantastic value and taste, this is the restaurant for you. A smaller venue that takes the time to get to know patrons. The winter family deal was a great feed at $50 for the three of us, all we could eat and more. The cabonarra pasta was divine! Thanks for the great service.

Visited August 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“In Search of Good Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

They claim their food is "homemade" and "fresh." It was far from that. I asked if they could put garlic in my sauce, and the waitress told me their sauce was pre-cooked. I should've walked out at that point..The pizza crust was stale, the cheese tasted cheap, the pasta tasted like it was canned/microwaved, and the serving sizes were miniscule. I could go on. Overpriced.

• Visited June 2012
new zealand
“Great pasta and pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

This place was off the main road and upstairs. The restaurant itself looks pretty basic but the staff were very welcoming and attentive, the pizza was delicious - nice and crispy on the bottom with the right amount of topping. The pasta didn't look very inviting but we were pleasantly surprised - it tasted amazing - a great combination of flavours and creamy sauce that wasn't too rich. Side salad was quite basic but still better than a side salad you would get in Auckland for the same price.
When we arrived the place was full and after 20 mins we were the only ones in the place as we had a late dinner. Would go back there for sure.

• Visited May 2012
Brighton, England
“Okay food but nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

We came here for dinner the first night that we stayed in Paihia and weren't overwhelmed by the food at all. The food took quite a long time to come and when it did, mine was a pretty small portion (I ordered the three cheese pasta) and there was more sauce than food to the point where I thought they'd brought me a soup at first!
The food tasted fine but there just wasn't really enough of it and I left still feeling a bit hungry. The staff were quite friendly though, although they did disappear quite a lot!

• Visited May 2012