“Seeking Kaimoana”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Menu was not as extensive as expected but did have a variety of choice. I settled for the pasta with the fish of the day (Snapper) which was lovely and my partner asked for the Game Fish (Yellow Fin Tuna). Both meals were very filling. The ambience of the restaurant was lovely and the service was very good. We were there in the off season (winter) and I would expect that the place would be pumping in the busy season.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Ate oysters...and got really sick.....u know....stayed in the bathroom half the night.....they did not taste all right, but I still ate them....stupid of me.....and this is a seafood restaurant.....otherwise it was ok....

Reviewed July 6, 2014

As anyone who reads my reviews will realise I am a great fan of fish so if it is well cooked & presented a restaurant will always get the thumbs up from me.
This place serves up great fish. I had tuna with a soy & cashew nut dressing & salad ($31). The tuna was presented rare (as requested) and was a huge steak. The other main of Hapuka (a local fish) cooked with tomatoes & mustard ($31) was fantastic too. We shared a nice crispy portion of fries.
A dessert of chocolate mousse with berries at $14.50 was worth every penny.
Overall a lovely meal eaten outside on a summer evening which was memorable.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We went to "Only Seafood" after it being recommended on a recent trip to NZ. The ambience was lovely and don't get me wrongt the meal was very nice, the seafood lovely and fresh as you would expect. The service was only adequate on my rating. Seriously for the prices, I would expect considerably better meals and service.

1  Thank cr8on4
Reviewed June 30, 2014

one dish was great, the other not so great. The bread had a weird taste. Good service. All in all: average.