“Very nice breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hansen's Cafe
Ranked #41 of 57 Restaurants in Paihia
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hastings, New Zealand
“Very nice breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Hansen's offer a big breakfast at a very reasonable price. Two of everything and very tasty, with a bottomless cup of coffee as well.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank earthsinger

Hastings, New Zealand
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Probably the best breakfast fare in Paihia at reasonable prices. Situated within the Fullers complex

Visited March 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Average food and rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

The $13.50 breakfast offer attracted my attention. I should have known for that price it would be average....well it was.....never again. The elderly woman serving at counter was rude and when I asked how long breakfast would be I was told there were orders in front of mine. 30 minutes later my breakfast arrived with no smile or apology for delay.
In such a great location service and quality has to be better.

• Visited February 2013
auckland
“Go Ripped Off at Hansens.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went to Hansens today. Order the Hansens Breakfast (which comes with bottomless coffee) for myself, and something for my wife along with a couple of coffees. Got charged for everything, plus a Public Holiday Surcharge (more about the surcharge further down). Ordered a second coffee and got charged again. I then overheard a conversation that suggested the bottomless coffee that is INCLUDED in the cost of the breakfast is from the filter coffee pot which sits on the counter and was as good as empty when we arrived. I asked the woman who serverd us about it and she grumped something at me like I was just supposed to know to help myself to am empty coffee pot. Was it really too hard to tell me when I placed my order ? Did she not figure when I ordered two meals and two coffee's ?

As I already stated, because it was a public holiday, they charged me 12.5% more. Why ? It didnt cost 12.5% more tthan the previous day to catch a ferry. The shops in the area were all open and they were not charging 12.5% more for their goods and services.

The food we received was not bad but at best could only be described as averagely average.

So, from where I sit, I got ripped off, servered very average food and met a very un-helpful, bordering on grumpy, person and had to pay a 12.5% surcharge for the privellege

• Visited January 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Inappropriate behaviour of the cafe's owner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is an addition to the comment "Grumpy old woman" .. we went to have our breakfast in Hansen's Cafe that morning as we normally do everytime we come for a holiday in Paihia, in fact my husband and myself always recommend this cafe to friends and relations who visits Paihia because the foods are good , the prices are reasonable and most of all a great location with a stunning view of the harbour..There were 12 of us in our group that day, all ordered our breakfast , we were all seated outside -- my nephew/niece with their 2 young kids were seated on the other table in front of us ,we noticed an older woman (who we found out later to be the owner of the place) came up to their table and rudely made a comment " you don't need that much serviettes" and grabbed those serviettes and put them back in the holder...I approached a guy who was with that woman to say that her attitude was unacceptable and inappropriate ,she could have just said it in a nice way but the same grumpy old man commented that "she owns the place and her brother just died recently so I stand by her"....What an excuse!!!!! Or probably because we are Asians so we got treated that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited January 2013