Almost three years passed since I stayed there (September, 2010). I promised Maureen to leave my opinion on the property here, and I'm really sorry for such an unacceptable delay. Busyness and laziness are the only possible excuses. No, there is one more excuse: being a
permanent reader of Tripadvisor reviews, I almost never write anything myself. It even took a bit of time to recall my password to sign in.
Still, as I normally keep my word, here is my short review.
The place is OK. There were few guests in the hotel during our stay (low season), and we were upgraded to the suite free of charge. Special thanks to both Phil and Maureen for this courtesy.
So, advantages of the place are:
1. Very convenient location.
2. Amazing views. Of course, the higher the better, therefore the upper floor is the best choice. Downloaded a picture of our balcony view as a proof.
3. Good rooms, clean and convenient for living.
4. Very helpful owners.
Drawbacks? In my view, nothing essential. Of course, one might always complain that the place is overpriced, and it is never easy to argue. Nevertheless, I believe that Swiss Chalet is priced quite reasonably: I used to live in NZ, and have a lot of experience with local accommodations to compare.
Can this help after three years? I hope yes. Things change, but if the owners of any place are attentive to their customers and prone to stick to certain standards of their services, the benchmark normally always stays at a high level whatever is happening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer quality unique Swiss style accommodation in the beautiful Bay of Islands, New Zealand. Our modern, fully self-contained units sleep 1-10 people, have balconies, some with stunning sea views and are only metres from Paihia waterfront. Our prime central location places you within 1 minute's walk from Paihia wharf, beach, shops and cafes. The many exciting attractions and activities on offer around the Bay are at your feet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Swiss Chalet Lodge Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss Chalet Hotel
- Swiss Chalet Motel
- Swiss Chalet Lodge Motel Paihia, Bay Of Islands