This is in a great location and really family friendly. We booked a poolside unit for ourselves and our three kids for five nights in January. When we arrived we found the owners were "away for a few days" and Jason's mum was running the show. She was extremely helpful and pleasant despite being run off her feet. The accommodation is definitely basic which is fine, however with five people staying, one hook was never going to cope with all our towels. Hooks on the back of the bedroom doors would have made all the difference but Jason's mum produced a clothes airer which was much appreciated. The furniture as well was next to useless as while taking up a lot of space, did not provide any storage. The accommodation was small so with a few minor and cheap changes could be much more user-friendly.
This was the only motel I've ever stayed at that didn't wash the dishes and our first night's "service" of the room involved nothing more than changing towels and making beds. We were told dishes weren't part of the deal. However after bringing this up, every day thereafter the dishes were done.
After three nights the owners returned and instead of coming to introduce themselves, made their presence known by coming to tell us off for helping ourselves to the linen cupboard. We had been instructed to do so earlier in the stay but were told "that was yesterday so don't do it again. We could have people loading up their cars with towels". Nice. Yes we often go to budget motels to load up our car with their mangy towels.
For the rest of our stay we found the owner to be rude (his partner was nicer) and unfriendly. Taking time off at the busiest time of year doesn't seem like a very smart move and if you are going to leave someone else to run the place, your guests shouldn't have to suffer through shambolic service.
Our kids loved the pool but we wouldn't stay here again - there are other similar places for the same money. Another thing to note is that this is a pet-friendly motel. This meant that the couple in the unit under us had their three small yappy dogs in a cage directly under our bedroom window. The dogs would often decide to go off in the middle of the night, with no action from anyone to stop them. They would eventually stop when they felt like it. We also got the whiff of the cage along with cigarette smoke drifting up through our windows - not nice for our kids when they were trying to go to sleep.
Needs improvement : (
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A safe family friendly holiday destination. Quiet, relaxing motel accommodation with magic views. Nestled in 2 hectares of landscaped gardens and native bush, away from the noise of Paihia but close enough to enjoy the many beaches, unique activities, shops and cafes Paihia has to offer. Studio, 1 and 2-bedroom fully self-contained apartments are available at Aloha Seaview Resort Motel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Aloha Seaview Resort Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloha Seaview Hotel Paihia
- Aloha Seaview Resort Motel Paihia, Bay Of Islands