While visiting from Canada, my wife and I, plus my NZ cousin and her husband, shared a 2 bedroom suite.
Prices are quite high compared to Canada, but according to my cousin, the rate was quite reasonable by NZ standards.
The suite we had on the 2nd floor was very modern, spacious, and spotlessly clean. The beds were very comfortable and there wish a nice breeze through the bedrooms thanks to the overhead windows on the vaulted ceiling.
After a long day or travelling, I really enjoyed relaxing on lounge chairs on the balcony, watching the sunset over the Bay of Islands, and enjoying a cool beverage (or two).
Grocery store was nearby and we made a nice breakfast in the suite's kitchen.
Hosts were welcoming and friendly. I would highly recommend the Gateway!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A newly renovated motel located at the northern entrance to Paihia. 50 meters from a lovely swimming beach. All units self contained and air conditioned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bay of Islands Gateway Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bay Of Islands Gateway Hotel Paihia
- Bay Of Islands Gateway Motel Paihia