Paihia Beach Resort & Spa
$72
$122
$87
$115
Kingsgate Hotel Autolodge Paihia(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$92
$68
Official Site
  • Pool
Outrigger Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$79
$77
Aloha Seaview Resort Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$119
$89
$136
$118
$242
$205
All reviewstop floorpool levelsmall hotelhotel restaurant isbreakfast was includednew zealandgreat balconythird floorluxury accommodationbreakfast and dinnerlarge balconystayed for nightsover christmastravel agenttwo night stayacross the roadsitting area
Reviewed December 17, 2010

I am glad I only booked for 1 night.....because the best part of staying at this hotel was leaving the following morning. The have a no cancellation/no refund policy, probably because they have had many guests arrive who then wished to leave the following day. We felt it was at least 50% OVER PRICED (that's really being kind), the room smelled, pillows resemble sandbags, the quality (for what they are charging) is poor by any reasonable standard, the staff is friendly (mostly European girls, completely untrained, here on a 1 year visa and were undoubtedly hired because they are less expensive) and no wifi or internet in the room (not a big deal for us, as we had a Vodafone pre paid wireless device). It really felt like a rip off.....we were happy to leave. I have to believe that any good reviews you read on this hotel were either planted by the management or written by inexperienced travelers.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
PaihiaBeachResortNZ, General Manager at Paihia Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2010

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you for your review. Feed back from our guests, whether positive or negative, is important to us so as to monitor our products and services.
In this particular instance it certainly seems that we did not meet your expectations and we sincerely apologize for this.
We do pride ourselves in having an international staff with international experience in hospitality and I can assure you that, apart from some of our seasonal housekeepers, our staff is not here on a 1 year holiday visa, but in fact most of them have been here for a number of years. It would be erroneous to believe that international staff is paid a lower rate than local staff, as the employment laws in New Zealand are very strict - I can also confirm that our staff are actually paid above the average rates offered within the region.
As recently appointed General Manager for this property, since mid-December, I can assure you that I am personally reviewing our products and services and will implement changes where necessary so as to offer an all round excellent experience to our Guests in our Resort.
Yours sincerely,
Stephan Rudich

Reviewed December 3, 2010

Stayed for 4 nights. This is a perfectly adequate location and facility, which is being portrayed (and priced) as a luxury venue but it is definitely NOT a luxury experience by any standard, international or otherwise. I have no problem paying luxury prices, but expect a luxury product in return. Mostly let down by the "finishing touches", such as cheap linen and manchester, cheap and uncomfortable furniture (the bed was OK - but the rest was apalling), bulk soap dispensers (poorly) stuck to the walls in the bathroom, single serve condiment containers bein re-used for a bulk purchased product in the dining room etc. The list of areas where this place does not meet a luxury standard is very, very long. I just don't think that the owners or staff have any concept of what a luxury product is.

If this place were advertised and priced as a mid-range serviced aparment in a good location - it would be very nice.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam,
I would not try and make excuses for any of the areas we have failed to satisfy you with on this particular visit, however I would be extremely grateful if you could possibly email me directly your list of products/services where we have not met your expectations, as I make it a priority to address any issues of dissatisfaction from our Guests.
Yours sincerely,
Stephan Rudich
stephan@paihiabeach.co.nz

Reviewed October 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights at the end of our 2 week tour through NZ. We booked all the hotels through a travel agent so I'm not sure what it really cost but we had a great stay. We arrived by car from the Kerikeri airport- maybe a 20 min. drive. There really isn't a true lobby- more like a desk but the staff was very friendly. There is no wifi (my husband's only complaint) but there was free broadband in all the rooms and free internet access on a computer on the main level. The room was very large and had a balcony and a beautiful view (I think all the rooms do). We also had a living room and separate bedroom. The decor was modern and clean (a lot of white). The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom an ok size. We had dinner 1 night at their restaurant and it was outstanding. It is truly a 5 minute walk into the main town (which is quite small). I also had a massage/facial which was part of my package and was not dissapointed. Would not hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leo2002
Reviewed September 11, 2010

We spent three nights at the resort over the weekend of our wedding. The hotel was accommodating of all our needs, and really went the extra mile to help my bridal party and I get ready. It was a stress free day as staff made sure we had everything we needed and quickly acquired anything we had forgotten to bring without fuss or charge. The staff were so friendly and all greeted my husband and I by name. The food was divine and extra last minute breakfast or dinner guests were accommodated without fuss. We will look forward to staying with them again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

The Day spa located at Paihia Beach Resort is not to the high standard that they say they are. We paid $305 for 2 Pedicures and 2 Manicures and afterwards felt like we had not been to a spa. The floors were dirty and the staff although nice to talk to not very professionally dressed. We left with nail polish every where and no money in our wallets.

• Stayed: August 2010