We stayed at Paihia Beach Resort for our honeymoon. We splashed out on what was meant to be a 5 star resort. What we found was a very tired resort that is due for a facelift (and is receiving one in the NZ winter).
Breakfast was included, but even though we were paying more than $NZ500 a night for the room, I was told I would have to pay extra to have a hot chocolate with my breakfast. There were flies in the breakfast room and birds flew in and ate the cereal while we were watching! And it was first in first served for fruit - every day we went down there was nothing much left but the dregs.
The other thing was the lack of staff around (unusual in a full service resort in my experience) - the only staff we ever came across during the day were the kitchen staff who were in the kitchen preparing food, the receptionist, and the cleaners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paihia Beach Resort & Spa overlooks Paihia's most picturesque beach and is within walking distance of Paihia Wharf, the departure point to discover the wonderful Bay of Islands. Located within the Hotel is the chic poolside and ocean view restaurant offering only the finest culinary experience. Visit the hotel's award-winning spa, La Spa Naturale, offering first class spa treatments with a uniquely New Zealand flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Paihia Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paihia Beach Resort And Spa
- Paihia Beach Hotel Paihia
- Paihia Beach Resort & Spa Bay Of Islands