After a weekend of rugby in Auckland, which saw the All Blacks win the World Cup, we travelled north to Paihia. We checked out 4 different hotels, did a room tour of each, and settled on The Paihia Beach Resort and Spa.
Situated about halfway between Paihia town and Waitangi, it was the most expensive of those viewed but we wanted a spa pool to soak in and a good sea view across the water to Russell. We were not disappointed with either. Our room was large and spacious with a balcony facing out across the bay, with outdoor furniture to lie on and soak up the sun or sit a read a book.
There are five spa pools on the pool deck as well as a heated swimming pool. Towels are provided at poolside with tables chairs and loungers to complete that resort feeling. A large clear fence stops any on shore winds cooling the pool area.
The staff are very friendly and the cleanliness is of a high standard. Bathrooms have a shower over bath which gives a good high pressure wash. A feature is dispensers with liquid soap, shampoo and condtioner which do away with trying to get those fiddly sachets open with wet hands and never having them replaced the next day.
We found it an easy walk back to Paihia and the wharf and restaurants, and also along the beach front to Waitangi for a tour of a significant part of New Zealand's history.
As a bonus we went fishing with Captain Bucko and caught some snapper, YIPPEE!, which the lovely people at the Chinese restauarant in the mall cooked for us.
We would definitely revisit this area and very definitely go back to the Resort and eat at the Chinese restaurant. Superb three days that felt like a week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Paihia Beach Resort & Spa overlooks Paihia's most picturesque beach and is within walking distance of Paihia Wharf, the departure point to discover the wonderful Bay of Islands. Located within the Hotel is the chic poolside and ocean view restaurant offering only the finest culinary experience. Visit the hotel's award-winning spa, La Spa Naturale, offering first class spa treatments with a uniquely New Zealand flavour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Paihia Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paihia Beach Hotel Paihia
- Paihia Beach Resort And Spa
- Paihia Beach Resort & Spa Bay Of Islands