Breakwater Motel
$123
$170
$157
Agoda.com
Pearl of the Bay(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$76
$72
$75
$213
$177
$95
$77
Averill Court Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$68
$66
Dolphin Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$68
$51
Agoda.com
Aloha Seaview Resort Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$61
$51
Anchorage Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
All reviewsgreat locationwaterfront suiteunderfloor heatingsea viewseparate bedroomroad noisesitting roomfree wifishort walkthe waitangi treaty groundsnew zealandshops and restaurantsheat pumpthe kitchenstayed for nightsserviced dailysky tv
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I ended up staying here for 2 nights. The motel is in a great location, ideal for visiting the town. It is very easy to find when arriving. The rooms are a good size and provide you with everything you need should you want to cook. Bathrooms are book, and equipped with new fixtures and fittings. Nice bog television with Sky.

The owners were great. They were very attentive and helped me book my day trip. They were also interested to hear how it went so they could pass on advice to others. Also when I ran into problems with my keys they were very supportive and helpful. I cannot speak highly enough about them.

When I go back I will definitely be staying here.

Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank khoyratty
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had to stay in Paihia for the night to attend a friend's wedding and wanted something that was affordable. Well Breakwater was very well priced and I was greatly impressed at quality of the accomodation. It is well positioned and the main attractions are in easy reach of the motel. I would highly recommend Breakwater, the next time I have to stay in Paihia this motel will be first place I will look at staying in.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Have stayed a couple times now while up north on business. Great central northland location, very peaceful, great restaurants nearby, owners Ken & Lynn are very helpful.
I can imagine coming staying at Breakwater's for aleast a week for a holiday, so much so relaxing, yet plenty to see and do if you so desire.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a modern and superb motel. New and clean, and it is close to the heart of the town. We were impressed! However, please note: there is no late-checkout option here. Well, it is still Highly recommended to all!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lynette S, Owner at Breakwater Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for your valuable positive feedback. Our team take as much pride as we do maintaining the high standard of our property. We do apologise about the misunderstanding of a late check out. We certainly do offer both early check ins and late check outs.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at Breakwater to participate in the State ocean swim. Lyn phoned me around 6pm on our check-in day as we were late! I had forgotten about the expected arrival time I had put on my booking, so this was very nice touch to ensure we were OK (as well as still coming). I had booked the Garden Studio as only staying for one night. However Lyn very kindly gave us a complimentary upgrade, so we wouldn't have to share a bed and would be well rested for our swim. We were well rested the next day! The 1 bedroom unit was spacious, modern and well equiped. The sofa bed was most comfortable and a good way to watch the TV! We didn't get any time to use either the pool for fitmess centre, so can't comment on these.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thanks so much for your comments and it was an absolute pleasure to provide you with a more suitable suite for the night prior to the Paihia swim. Our new spa pool area will be opening early 2013. We look forward to hosting you for the 2013 Ocean Swim.