Admiral's View Lodge & Motel
$77
Outrigger Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$81
$78
Kingsgate Hotel Autolodge Paihia(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$77
$86
$212
$178
$88
Aloha Seaview Resort Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$61
$51
Agoda.com
All reviewsgarden studiowithin walking distancefree wifipowerful showerspa roomwell equipped kitchenettequiet areasea viewshort walkgreat apartmentnew zealandgreat place to staycomfortable bedeasy walkguest laundryon arrivalfriendly and helpful hosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed for five nights at the Admiral's View Lodge in Paihia. We had booked a studio room with a view but upgraded to a studio apartment with the spa bath and a GREAT view of the Bay. The room was very comfortable, extremely clean and comfortable. There was a small fridge, microwave and hotplate so you could cook a small meal if you so desired. The Manager was very nice on our arrival and the other staff were also very helpful.
This is good accommodation at a very good price and more than convenient in location to visit all the tourist places in the area. It is a short walk to the centre of town and the restaurants/cafes. Walking distance to the wharf for boat travel. I would certainly recommend this to anyone visiting the area.

Room Tip: Within easy walking distance to the centre of town and all the restaurants etc.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Penellie, Manager at Admiral's View Lodge & Motel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are so glad you enjoyed your time in Paihia and your stay with us.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have arrived in Bay of Islands with no accommodation prebooked. We looked at 4 motels and the Admiral was an immediate 'yes' from the three of us having seen it last. It was clean, new, welcoming owners and beautiful views over the ocean. The motel offers all facilities you may need, on site launderette, high speed unlimited wifi, even bicycles!

The rooms are spacious, tidy and fresh. Air conditioned, big bathroom with a spa tub and separate shower cubicle. I have to say that having spent 3 weeks in various motels across both islands in New Zealand this one scores my top marks! Especially as I'm quite a demanding traveller being used to staying at Sheraton etc when holidaying overseas.

On my last day I forgot to pack a dress I left in the wardrobe. I contacted the owners asking whether they could post it to me to Auckland. To my surprise the owners got on to it straight away and offered to post it for free. This is a great customer service and I strongly recommend the Admiral as a place to stay in Bay of Islands. You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: March 2013
Penellie, Manager at Admiral's View Lodge & Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review, my husband and I appreciate your comments. We endeavour to provide a room and service that we ourselves would be happy to receive and are pleased this enhanced your stay with us!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here in February 2013 and would reccomend this Lodge to anyone. It is nicely furnished ,has good facilities,and the apartment we had, also had wonderful views. It is clean ,and has an on site laundry facility, bikes are for hire ,and with overall good impressions,it is inviting. It is also within walking distance to shops and sea front.

Room Tip: Upstairs have a deck with seating.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are pleased that you found Admirals View to have everything you required.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Admiral's View Lodge was a great find.
We had 2x Luxury studio apartments, one with a King size double Bed, the other with Twin beds.
Both were spacious and superbly equiped. Well situated 5mins from the beach and restaurants etc. The hosts, Craig and Penny, are excellent!!!! Nothing is too much trouble and full of information and advice. Many other establishments could learn a few things from this couple.
Excellent value for money. Extras like bike hire and tennis rackets loan, for use on the adjacent court - all free of charge.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Penellie, Manager at Admiral's View Lodge & Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review and very kind recommendation!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Work takes me to Paihia every two months and I always stay here. The rooms are well equipped, comfortable and very clean. Close enough to access the beach and town on foot, but out of the way of noise. Penny and Craig are friendly, excellent hosts, and make you feel very welcome.All of these things will keep me returning to Admirals View Lodge!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

It is a pleasure having you to stay with us, thank you so much for taking time to post the review!