We drove from Auckland to Pahia in the rain, it was our first time driving on the left-hand side of the road - nerve wracking! Inge was there to greet us and went to great lengths to make us feel comfortable, help us with our next day flight seeing trip and give us information about the area and where we might like to eat. She was most helpful the entire time we stayed in the area, even offering us rides to the dock. However, the location was such that we were able to leave our car and walk everywhere. The final climb to the chalet is steep, but easily doable. We had the top floor room which had a beautiful view of the bay and was quite comfortable. The only negative was the low ceiling in the bathroom, but, after realizing the need to be cautious it was part of the charm! The breakfasts were delicious, plentiful and beautifully presented. There is a Large Swiss flag that makes it easy to find your way back to the chalet! This was the first B&B of our trip and it set the tone for a wonderful holiday in NZ.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spoil yourself and experience the magic of Chalet Romantica. Each upstairs room has its own balcony with superb seaviews, quality furnishings and fittings, free wifi & extra comfy beds. One room is on the ground floor and has garden views. Indoor pool, spa & gym Central town location within a stroll to all amenities, Dolphin - Bay cruise departure piers & beaches. Friendly hosts with a wealth of local knowledge love to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Chalet Romantica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chalet Romantica Hotel Paihia
- Chalet Romantica Paihia, Bay Of Islands