“Day to Remember”

Te Kaihau Yacht Charters day trips
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Well what an awesome day on a hand crafted piece wind driven fun and also hand made by the Owner / Man of the day in charge. So thanks for what all i can say was fun fun fun and i got to snorkel saw dolphins and the Lunch was just very simple lots well heaps of fresh as a daisey bread rolls & Foc Bread ???? but very nice and then you put all your own food on the bread which is supplied and it was nice i had 3 yes 3 huge rolls for lunch and all this was included. After just been back to North of Cairns this would rate in my best 3 World Yacht Day trips i have ever done and i have done a few, plust thanks to Rosie from the Peppertree for alerting me to this great day out on the Wind Eater name of the Tri in Moari i think??? - the real name was the Te Kaihau Once again thanks for a great day hope you are still around in a few years when i come back to do it all over again & its the cheapest Yacht trip in the Bay - Paihia dont know how he does it Tom but WELLDONE

Tom R, Owner at Te Kaihau Yacht Charters day trips, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

great you enjoyed your day out sailing dolphins are still here so are the fresh rolls and foccacia bread CHEERS

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had the most amazing day out on Te Kaihau with skipper Tom. Just four of us on the boat made it extra special and we got to do the day our way, cruising around the islands and the weather totally turned on a cracker for us too!!

Tom stopped in a wonderful calm bay and made us a fabulous fresh lunch, washed down with a few cold beers and we were in heaven... Then we spent the afternoon cruising around the bays. This awesome trimaran, which Tom built himself, certainly flies through the water with a bit of wind behind it :)

I can't recommend this day out enough, Tom puts on an incredible experience - best day ever!! :)

Tom R, Owner at Te Kaihau Yacht Charters day trips, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

nothing like it good weather good food nice cold beers so glad you had a good time CHEERS

Reviewed February 26, 2013

6 Mates, two days, one night on the water with Tom & Te Kaihau, what an awesome time had sailing, fishing
snorking, swimming oh & of course a few ales to wash it down, tom gets all involved in helping out with the ropes, sails anchors & all, great time RE COOPIN from the stress of life in auck, we will be back highly recommended.

Thanks Tommo

G Coops

Management response:Responded February 28, 2013

so glad you guys managed to RE COOP cheers team

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My mate and I had the unique opportunity to charter a day with Tom on his sailboat throughout the Bay of Islands in the Northland of New Zealand's North Island..... It was one of the coolest sailboats I've ever seen, it had 3 hulls -- forgot what the proper type of sail boat that is called but the best part was he spend 7 (if I remember correctly) years building the beast himself... now that's commitment!! and it cruised like a bat outta hell!!!

Captn Tom's passion for sailing and kiwi as attitude made that day one of the best I've had in my life. It was only me, my mate Meg, and captn Tom, thus a very personal and tailored experience.The trip was VERY affordable and in my opinion worth triple what we paid, especially since it was essentially a private charter. It felt natural to step in as first mates... we got to steer the boat, tack the sails, and learn a few knots to impress the kiwi boys!

We went swimming and snorkeling, during this time Captn Tom dove down and snatched up a handful of some live sea urchin- kina I think its called (maori name?). He cracked 'em open right off the stern and we tried kina roe for the first time.... while their spikes were still moving!!!!! Ahh what a wonderful day, so many new adventures!

Because Tom is a native Kiwi, he helped us map out a loose plan on how to effectively get to the destinations we wanted to see in the little time we had in the North Island along with sharing some favorites of his own to stop at on our way.

If you go to the Bay of Islands (which you should!), you cannot experience the area sans watercraft so just go ahead now and book a day or extended trip with Tom, you will NOT regret it!!

Side note, we meet a Danish guy in the town of Tauranga many many kilometers south (who is an avid sailor back in his motherland) and we shared our sailing experience with him and strangely enough he said he went to the Bay of Islands with the intent to sail with Tom on Te Kaihau and he ran into some complication that prevented him from going.... Long story short, he was jealous and....YOU AND YOUR SAILBOAT ARE A LEGEND CAPTN TOM!!!! Thanks for the trip of a lifetime, we'll be seeing you next time mate!

Hi Team you guys made it a great day out with the oar...some atitude you brought with you and now members of the Kina clubwell done CHEERS

Reviewed January 24, 2013

A big thanks to Tom & Rosey sorry its taken me so long to get onto here and give you what you deserved an Awesome day out on this Trimaran that glides through the water so nice then we donr some snorkling even tried our luck ay some fishing but all was good, then we had what i would call a feast not a lunch on a Daytrip on a Yacht totally Awesome fresh bread & rolls and all you need to fill my yes 3 huge rolls i had then a great swim then views of Islands and bays all the way back to Paihia so overall cant fault the day in anyway so in my 5th month of travelling come from a start in Cairns and love the water but this Daytrip is the best yet ( Sorry back home in Aus ) but NZ has set the bar very high by this smooth sailing day in the awesome B.O.I.

Tom R, Owner at Te Kaihau Yacht Charters day trips, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

great tohear you enjoyed the sailing and lunch at Honey moon bay 1of the ducks has gone though not sure why as you know the Bay of Islands takes some beating CHEERS