“A fabulous day on the blue sea”

Te Kaihau Yacht Charters day trips
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had the most amazing day out on the water with Tom, the skipper,in his trimaran that he built himself. Being a trimaran it is really stable so don't worry if you have not sailed before. Tom can sail it single handed but if you want to join in he is very happy for you to help. We all had a go steering. We also snorkeled (wet suits, snorkels, masks and flippers all provided), fished, ate a lovely lunch, swam, sailed and watched the dolphins swin around the boat. It was a magical day.

Tom R, Owner at Te Kaihau Yacht Charters day trips, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

thanks you guys snorkelings a great thing to do in the BOI you can never have anough dolphins and the sailings not to bad as well a great day out CHEERS

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I had booked Te Kaihau as it offered everything we were after - sailing, fishing and snorkelling. Tom is a lovely man and we enjoyed a fantastic day out at sea together. Tom helped out my Dad and partner with a spot of fishing whilst my Mum and I donned wet suits and snorkels and jumped in for some exploring round the rocks. Lunch was delicious (Tom's wife is a great cook). To top it off we found a pod of dolphins on the way back to Paihia playing and jumping in the water... perfect! Thanks Tom!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Okay well so far in the whole of the North Island this was the most AWESOME Daytrip yet by a long long way. Tom Owner & your Skipper is so nice & helpful in all ways. I got to lay on the deck & soak in the sun & sit around the Wheel at chat away...then i got to help with the sailing of the yacht hands on ( Totally AWESOME ). Plus a lovely lunch on board while tucked away in a Blue Water Lagoon with No Wind so Calm with views to die for ++ FILLED ME UP TO ). Comfort level was great, just the graceful feel of this yacht under you at great speeds but still so calm was fantasic. I better stop as there as there is so much to say about the Daytrip. This has been my 3rd Daytrip in Paihia since travelling & overall this was by Miles the BEST ONE OF THE LOT for the experience & Value for $. Its a must to do soon as you get to Paihia get hold of Tom & have the best day of your Holidays. PLUS a Big Bonus No Over Crowding either only takes i think MAX of 10 People which is so perfect also not like some than overcrowd with upto 18 people & boats that are smaller...............Thanks Tom & your Floating Palace for a day that wont be forgotten for a long time Steven from Australia

1  Thank Rosey_Photoman
Reviewed April 18, 2012

What a magical day we had aboard the trimaranTe Kaihau with Skipper Tom! We sailed round the Bay of Islands passing several of the Islands in glorious sunshine enjoying the stunning views, turquoise water, sighting blue penguins and to our delight a large pod of dolphins! What a sight it was to enjoy the dolphins happily swimming in their natural habitat and racing along next to the hull of the boat. Taking turns to steer the boat we then got to enjoy fishing off the back of the boat near one of the many islands and caught some Snapper for our lunch, what a scrumptious feed it was. We then had a wonderful sail back to Paihai with a great wind to push us along feeling totally relaxed, soaking up the sunshine and enjoying music tracks from Abba. I would definitely recommend the day to anyone, any age. Thanks Tom for a wonderful day and we will be back again :-)

1  Thank Fiona S
Reviewed March 29, 2012

What a fabulous day cruising and sailing around the Bay Of Islands! Tom our skipper instantly made us feel at home even though I had very little sailing experience. The boat was spacious and comfortable with all mod conveniences and I sat back & relaxed, taking photos while my husband had a ball with the sailing. Mind you after a delicious lunch I even took the helm & loved steering! We saw dolphins up close, had a lovely swim & learnt about the area. Very relaxing after a lot of driving around the North Island. We would definitely recommend the day to anyone, any age, (our friends had recommended Te Kaihau to us), thanks Tom, see you again!

3  Thank Anne H
Tom R, Owner at Te Kaihau Yacht Charters day trips, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

A very late belated thank you for your great review its great when everyone has had an enjoyable day out sailing Cheers Tom