“Cassa Bella Motel Review”
Review of Casa Bella Motel

Casa Bella Motel
Ranked #22 of 43 Hotels in Paihia
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We booked into this Motel going from what the pictures and the reviews were. When booking, I asked if the Swimming Pool was available for use and was told yes. When we arrived, the receptionist questioned our deposit. Next morning, the owners didn't know what was available with regards to attractions. The swimming pool was disgusting. It was green and had dead bugs floating in it. The other Motels that had pools were lovely and clean and had people swimming in them. As we had specifically wanted the use of a pool, I was very disappointed. On night one, there was a massive black spider in the bed. The kitchen had ants everywhere and no food was out. Considering what we paid, I was extremely disappointed. I feel that the pictures on the web page are not a true representation of the Motel. I would have thought that at such a peak holiday time that the Pool would look like the pictures and be usable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gary S, Manager at Casa Bella Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for your review Jannine. I'm sorry the pool wasn't at it's best. It's the busiest time of the year for us and I didn't respond quickly enough to it's deterioration. Increased usage and temperature meant it needed more chlorine than usual. I have since rectified it and it is clear and clean. I will be more vigilant in future.
We spray entry points to try and keep out insects but some are very resilient. Spiders always seem to be able to sneak in when doors and windows are open.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Enjoyed the outdoor spa tub. Very clean unit. Quiet neighbourhood very close to the restaurants and beach. Gary and Jocelyn were very helpful. They have guest laundry and DVD players upon request. While you're in Paihia, I recommend going to the falls nearby & walking along the river by the falls. We did this on a rainy day which was fine as the tree coverage was so dense the rain didn't get through. The swimming pool is small (about the size of a car so no swimming laps;)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Lovely motel with very helpful hosts. The room was spotless and the kitchenette well equipped for us to cook some meals for ourselves. It is a short walk to the wharf, to central Paihia and to restaurants. It has a nice looking pool, but it was too cold to swim when we were there. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gay O
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights over the weekend. We found the motel room to be clean and comfortable with everything you could possibly need. The hosts were friendly and helpful. The property was within easy walking distance of cafes and restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Travellingwithsue
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I just spent two nights here on a weekend away with my mum. The unit had everything we needed, was clean with new carpet and comfortable beds, quiet and fairly central to everything. We could walk to shops, the beach and restaurants and even to catch the ferry over to Russell. The hosts were helpful and friendly

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sheryl B
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Stayed here over the Labour Day long weekend - was quite busy in Paihia at the time. This hotel is well located close to town but just enough away that you don't get the noise. Parking a little tight but right in front of room - potplants get in the way a bit of getting luggage in if most parks are taken as they were on this weekend. Room itself was spacious with a kitchen bench area and separate area for bathroom basin leading to toilet and shower. Nice hosts - a good stay overall.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank brett153
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Me and my husband stayed in this motel for one "big weekend" (weekend with public holiday on Monday). The place is good, big room with all facilities in the kitchen, electric blanket, heater, etc. The staff was very friendly and helpfully. The motel is near to the beach, and lots of good restaurants to visit. The bedroom was a little bit cold (even I turn on the electric blanket) and the swimming pool and spa pool was not open for us, I don't know why.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Erica_Guido
Gary S, Manager at Casa Bella Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you found the room a bit cold. We could have given you an extra heater if you had asked. I'm not sure why you thought the spa and pool were not available, the spa was quite popular with the other guests.