Having travelled from the UK (no stopovers) we were looking for somewhere quiet and relaxed to chill out for a few days and recover from the journey & adjust to the time difference. Cooks Lookout was perfect for this. Excellent facilities, clean & comfortable rooms, a view over the bay to die for (we were in room 3 at the top of the site) and a deafening quiet - the only sounds were birds and crickets, no traffic noise at all. Norm & Shelagh were most welcoming (a UK couple originally from Merseyside who have worked very hard on the property) and helped us in deciding where to visit in the area. The motel is located 4-5 kms from Paihia so it is necessary to drive to restaurants in the resort centre (we would recommend La Scala). We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and we were well rested as we embarked on our 5-week itinerary of New Zealand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, spectacular location with Million Dollar Views. Studio, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments all upgraded with new kitchens and bathrooms, most with stunning ocean views. Totally smoke-free property - no smoking in Buildings OR Grounds. Large solar-heated saltwater swimming pool, trampoline, BBQ, guest laundry, tour desk. FREE Wireless broadband internet access to all units. FREE DVD library & Book Exchange. 4 minutes drive to town centre, 3 minutes to beach. Secure parking outside all units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cook's Lookout Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cook`s Lookout Hotel Paihia
- Cooks Lookout Hotel
- Cooks Lookout Paihia
- Cook's Lookout Motel Paihia, Bay Of Islands