When we arrived we were greeted by our lovely hosts Norm & Shelagh. They made us feel home away from home in our cosy unit. From our room we had the most spectacular view back across the Haruru Falls River and Waitangi Waterfront. In addition we had an amazing spell of weather to liven up our stay. We had a late afternoon swim in the heated pool which was lovely. Afterwards we chose from the array of free-to-borrow DVD's at the front desk ( 'The Holiday' & 'Oceans 11').
Both of our hosts were lovingly accommodating, with great knowledge of their local surroundings, the ins and outs of where to eat and how to make the most of your stay!
Overall 'The Cook's Lookout' is one of the best value, and genuinely friendly places we have ever stayed. It's suitable for everyone who enjoys a good laugh, a bit of local info and splendid views.
P.s We also were able to experience the spectacular, Only Loo with an Ocean View in the Bay of Islands ;P
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, spectacular location with Million Dollar Views. Studio, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments all upgraded with new kitchens and bathrooms, most with stunning ocean views. Totally smoke-free property - no smoking in Buildings OR Grounds. Large solar-heated saltwater swimming pool, trampoline, BBQ, guest laundry, tour desk. FREE Wireless broadband internet access to all units. FREE DVD library & Book Exchange. 4 minutes drive to town centre, 3 minutes to beach. Secure parking outside all units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Cook's Lookout Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cook`s Lookout Hotel Paihia
- Cooks Lookout Hotel
- Cooks Lookout Paihia
- Cook's Lookout Motel Paihia, Bay Of Islands