We stayed for 2 nights during May 2013, having booked because of the view. Any photographers out there will be thrilled to stay here - the expansive views across the bay are unlike anything we have found during our many travels. We were lucky to wake to find the moon shining directly over the most picturesque part of the scene, but only just missed a complete double rainbow!
The rooms are spacious with a very private balcony.
A special mention to Norm who made certain we didn't miss anything special to photograph, told us of some other amazing viewpoints on our return journey, and made us laugh with his little 'extra' in the garden opposite the reception building ( now you have to visit to see what it is).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quiet, spectacular location with Million Dollar Views. Studio, 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments all upgraded with new kitchens and bathrooms, most with stunning ocean views. Totally smoke-free property - no smoking in Buildings OR Grounds. Large solar-heated saltwater swimming pool, trampoline, BBQ, guest laundry, tour desk. FREE Wireless broadband internet access to all units. FREE DVD library & Book Exchange. 4 minutes drive to town centre, 3 minutes to beach. Secure parking outside all units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cook's Lookout Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cook`s Lookout Hotel Paihia
- Cooks Lookout Hotel
- Cooks Lookout Paihia
- Cook's Lookout Motel Paihia, Bay Of Islands