Cook's Lookout Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$128
$122
Swiss Chalet Lodge Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$85
$79
$78
Outrigger Motel(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$81
$78
Kingsgate Hotel Autolodge Paihia(Paihia)(Great Value!)
$77
Hotels.com
$65
$54
Agoda.com
All reviewsnorm shelaghnew zealandsolar heated poolshort driveamazing viewspeaceful locationharuru fallsgreat hostssense of humourglass of wineplaces to visitthree nightspaihia towntwo bedroom unita great place to staylocal areaoverlooking the bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed for two nights at this wonderful location in the northern area of New Zealand. Cook's lookout motel is located around 5 minutes from the main section of town which was perfect for us as it was close enough to be able to get to the action in town while far enough to allow us to get away from most of the people and relax. Located at the crescent of a hill, the first thing to be noticed are the stunning views over the reserve and out into the bay and ocean. Shelagh & Norm were wonderful hosts and moreover, lovely people which was an added bonus for the stay. We look forward to our next journey to this area again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Thank you for a lovely stay!
We enjoyed the beautifull views and peace and quiet of Cook's. The boat trip that you organised for us with the pick up and drop off in front of our cottage was such an unexpected bonus.
We will definatelly be back for a second trip!!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at Cook's Lookout motel during 2 nights. The room was awesome with great views of the Bay Of Islands. The sunset in the morning was so beautiful. When I arrived , I was a little tired from the trip, and host Norm offered to be my personal guide and showed me the region like Haruru Falls. Shelagh advised me about the nice restaurants. They helped me also with finding some nice trips to do in the region. If I ever have the luck to visit New Zealand again, I stay at least 4 nights in this great motel. Thank you Norm and Shelagh because you gave me the oppertunity to relax and admire The Bay Of Islands from my motelroom.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
cookslookout, Owner at Cook's Lookout Motel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Miranda! It was a pleasure having you here and for us to be able share some time with you. We like to help our guests to get the best out of their visit to the Bay of Islands and to be as hospitable to our guests as they deserve and we are very happy that you enjoyed your visit so much.

Norm & Shelagh

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife & I stayed three nights. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel at home by our hosts Shelagh & Norm. Our chosen room had a fabulous view and was very comfortable and clean. We also appreciated the advice on what local attractions to see and where to eat. We will return. Thanks Shelagh & Norm.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thanks for your kind review. Our aim is to have our guests depart with the best memories of Cook's Lookout and the Bay of Islands and to make their visit as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We're glad you enjoyed it so much.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

What a beautiful view from unit 3! We spent 2 nights at the motel in September and we found the owners to be very friendly and helpful.They gave us directions to local places of interest and made a bookings for a boat trip. The motel is out of town but that is an advantage as it affords quiet surrounds to drink in the views over Paihia and the Bay of Islands, including the sunrise. The unit was beautifully appointed and clean, with all amenities necessary.
Great place to stay, we hope we will be able to do so again.

Room Tip: If you are just a couple unit 3 is THE ONE to pick .
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple