“Great dive.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Paihia Dive

Paihia Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: Paihia Dive in the Bay of Islands is the Far North of New Zealand's premier dive centre and it is our great pleasure to show you all the underwater wonders of this beautiful part of NZ. We offer trips to the spectacular Rainbow Warrior - the jewel of the north aboard our fully equipped dive RIB 'Aka Maru', which takes only 7 minutes from the shore to reach the dive site.Dive The HMNZS Canterbury, New Zealand’s last Frigate to be purpose sunk for diving. Sunk almost 5 years ago, she is covered in jewel anemones and sponges. This wreck is massive and well worth diving!Dive the Bay of Islands with the longest running dive charter operation. Paihia Dive has been taking divers under since 1978, and Craig has been diving in the Bay for 25 years. For a true local experience join Paihia Dive for a day diving. Learn to dive with the best! Paihia Dive is a PADI 5 Star Resort. All our dive courses are taught by experienced instructors, and the classes are nice and small. Start your Open Water Course today!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
“Great dive.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Today I was with those guys to dive on the Canterbury. Everything perfect, specifically appreciate a small group. Only 5 customers for 3 Dive Master.
Nice boat very confortable.
Thank you Graig!

1 Thank Martin A

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great day on the water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Dived on the Canterbury and a nearby reef with Deb's, Ben and Casper. Great day out, super friendly crew, amazing diving. Very professional business. A must do if your in the Bay of Islands.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank 5waites
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great team, Great trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Paihia Dive were brilliant right from the start - booking the trip by email...they gave me all the information i needed and were very helpful. On the day, my boyfriend joined in on the Rainbow Warrior dive, whilst i took part in discover scuba. I didnt actually complete my discover scuba because i became quite nervous, but Stew was brilliant with me, very friendly and easy to get on with - i snorkelled above them while he taught someone else. My boyfriend also said his diving was brilliant. Also i have to say what a great service they provide at their shop too! They let us hang all our gear outside in the sun for two days so that we could take it home dry!!! And Craig also arranged for a diving vest which we wanted to buy to be delivered the very next day (they were out of stock and we were leaving the next day in the afternoon) He even called our phone at 8.30am to say that it had arrived! Highly recommended!!! Hopefully we will be back one day in the future!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Samantha E
9 attraction reviews
“Christmas Eve dive ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

The enthusiasm of the dive crew was evident from the moment I entered the shop! Had a great time diving the Canterbury wreck and keyhole cave bay. Saw sting ray, cuttlefish, scorpion fish and my fav Sandagger Wrasse which are v friendly! On the boat drive saw a little blue penguin. Very cute! Christmas Eve was a fabulous day for me, and we dived In Santa hats. Awesome! Also the packed lunch is very tasty!

London, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastically fantastic! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Staff are polite, bubbly & full of humour. The wreck dives blew ourminds away - especially as we were able to enter the actual ships!

My partner & I are did our advanced open water dive course. We had a broad range of different instructors to bounce questions off & widen our knowledge.

The whole experience felt safe & fun!

:D