“Bucko came thru.....”

Captain Bucko Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Hi I hope that what you see here (good or bad) will give the information you need to hopefully make you want to come fishing with me in the bay of islands We always do our best to have you walk away from your fishing experience happy and with a nice bag in hand to put on the bbqWe look after the young and old teaching as you go. Please call me to have a talk about your trip.
Whangarei, New Zealand
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Bucko came thru.....”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Purchased a fishing voucher off Bucko over a year ago for my dads b'day but due to my mum breaking her hip just couldnt get my dad up to Paihia to use it. It had actually expired but Bucko came thru and still honoured it which was good. Pretty rubbish day with fairly lumpy conditions so our spots to fish were limited.
While we didnt catch alot we certainly got to solve all of the worlds problems with Bucko, trust me....lol! Was still good to get out and im sure if you fish the Bay towards the end of the year when the snapper spawn and also with Buckos knowledge you'd easily nail it.
Check out Buckos Facebook page......he can back it up. Also most of the reviews on here are positive except for Grumpys who obviously had a way bigger ego than Bucko!..... lol!

Visited July 2012

UK
3 attraction reviews
“Great Day!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Spent the day out with Bucko snapper fishing and despite not catching anything had a brilliant day anyway.

Local knowledge is top notch and has a great sense of humor, thoroughly enjoyed the day and would highly recommend anyone this trip.

Thanks Bucko!

Visited July 2012
Queenstown, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant day out on our honeymoon!”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Thanks very much Bucko! Katherine and myself really enjoyed your company. Catching live bait was fun, it broke the 'ice' and got to know you and the area a bit better. We caught some good fish and enjoyed our day out with a good bugger!

We look forward to coming back again soon to come fishing again

Cheers
Paul and Katherine

Visited June 2012
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Bloody awsome”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My mate and I went out with Bucko twice this month, caught a few Kahwai the first trip, was so impressed with his manner and fishing knowledge we booked again on the Friday.We left wharf at 6:20 am headed out, caught live bait which was fun on its own!.We then headed out for Snapper which is what we caught, 2x17lbs!!! and various other sizes, Excellent trip even though I lost two BIG fish, bugger! A really great trip thanks Bucko. Cheers. Tony and Johnny(zz top)Ch-Ch.

Visited March 2012
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“soooo good i did it four times.................”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I recentely spent four weeks in Piahia during a six month trip to NZ and decided to go fishing with Captain Bucko as I have done previously in the past.

Once again i was not dissapointed and managed to catch plenty of Kingfish, Snapper and also John Dory which was a first for me, I also added to some of my personal bests. All the necassary equipment and advice is available on board and Bucko has a proven track record for catching big fish and knowing all the hot spots around the islands. He is also extremely good value for money as he always goes that extra mile to make your trip as memorable as possible.

I can recommend Captain Bucko's Fishing trips for a thouroughly enjoyable, educational and fruitful experience with a very humourous and entertaining guide.

totally Brilliant time had.....many thanks again Bucko,,,,, Will be back,,,