“Lovely Dining Adventure!”

Darryl's Dinner Cruise
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a leisurely two-and-a-half hour cruise up the Waitangi River as you dine in style on board the unique 'Ratanui'. Join Darryl and his friendly crew for a calm-water cruise to the gorgeous Haruru Falls. Marvel at the abundant bird life and historic points of interest, and relax as you take in the tranquil beauty of your surroundings with a sumptious dinner as the sun goes down.
Spotsylvania, Virginia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Lovely Dining Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great fun and good entertainment! Darryl is quite the comedian and keeps everyone smiling plus good food and wonderful views of the bay and wildlife. The Falls were very picturesque and gave us some great photo ops. Food was well prepared and plentiful. Highly recommend this cruise.

Visited December 2013

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Brilliant customer service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

My friends and I travelled from Australia a couple of weeks ago and had pre-booked a dinner cruise. We were so impressed that even though there were only four of us, they still ran the cruise because we had come all the way from Australia!
The crew treated us to a wonderful feast and we all enjoyed our relaxing private cruise around the bay. This was because a cyclone the week before had blocked the river.. Thanks so much for making our last night in New Zealand a night to remember!

Visited March 2014
Daventry, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great expereicne”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was a trip that we booked in advance of our travel after reading some of the excellent reviews on here. My wife and I had a great night on this cruise, meeting some amazing people after discovering (very unusually we were told) we were the only non Kiwi people in attendance. I think the fact that Kiwi's travel to this speaks volumes for this trip.

Dan was the captain and seemed very proud of the service he and the 2 girls were providing. He successfully made the trip open for all and started a little game to introduced everybody to each other which worked incredibly well.

In terms of food I ordered the Steak and my wife the Lamb. My wife could not speak highly enough of her steak although I am sad to say that I was slightly disappointed with my steak. It was cooked OK, I don't think anything more could have been done it was just an average cut of meat. In terms of the other food both my wife and I were very impressed.

Overall an excellent trip with very knowledgeable staff, if you're in the area this is defiantly a trip I would recommend.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank MrandMrsE10
Auckland Region, New Zealand
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“excellent night out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Have joined this cruise a few times with different guests and also with my wife. the crew have an amazing way of creating a relaxing environment and the food is always tasty

Visited March 2013
Tauranga
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ross F”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

About 15 years ago on a visit to our "swap" timeshare at Club Paihia, we decided being "boatie" people that we would eat out on the water on Darryls Dinner Cruise. Now that was an experience. Darryl is an ex sparkie from Auckland who decided he had had enough of the big smoke. He went to Paihia, bought a little flat bottom barge put a barbque and some tables and chairs on it and hey presto "D.D.C" was born. Nowdays it is a Queen Mary compared to the original but the cruise is just as good as ever. One leaves Paihia on dusk and you are taken up past Waitangi to the Haruru Falls while enjoying you own wines and beer and a choice of surf"n"turf and salads. All of this accompanied by Darryls lively and often hilarious commentary on the local fauna, bird life and past passengers. Definatly a must if in Paihia. We have done it 10 to 12 times in all. A wonderful experience.

Visited October 2013