“Great Food Great Value”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Auckland
“Great Food Great Value”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

These guys really can cook, and they care about the food; the pork belly dishes are as good as you will get anywhere, really. The burrito is made with real pulled beef and pinto beans, not mince and kidney beans. The bratwurst and mash, really good, real german sausage, the best I have had since that themed "Schools Dinners" restaurant in Covent Garden, London. We were delighted at how good the food is, and to see some different dishes on the menu, as we have lost track of the number of places serving up burgers and wedges. The decor is pretty basic, but we did get a candle for our table and some subtle live music on Saturday night. Tito is a well travelled kiwi cook and and if he makes it out of the kitchen full of stories. These guys deserve all the support they can get.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank KiwiJamesEnglish

Paihia, New Zealand
“Just Great”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Cheap food, but excellent quality! Perfect for the backpacker and so much more. Eaten here on many occasion and will continue to.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Stu_Ewing
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Very friendly staff, food was great and a nice atmosphere. Good value for money. Would definitely go back.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank GailChristchurch
“Just the way I like it”
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Plain, no fuss, very friendly and fantastic food with s good selection of wines. Certainly not over the top with the decor and tucked away from the main thoroughfare this little restaurant is fantastic. They deserve plenty of business, I loved my meal, best one I had over the whole week on holiday. Well done to the owners and staff.

3 Thank M00shell
Wellington, New Zealand
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

After reading the reviews, I thought it couldn't be as good as everyone said. But it stands way above the other restaurants we ate in in Paihia (and Russell).

The owner (the main Tito (uncle) (of several - he's thinking of changing the name to Titos') was very welcoming, explaining with great pleasure and pride what the place was about.

My wife's chimichanga was a case in point. Normally it's minced beef, but this was braised for a long time and pulled apart and wrapped into a burrito. This makes all the difference and was quite delicious (the small amount I was allowed). My adobo (now how often do you see that in a restaurant outside the Philippines?) was terrific; my only complaint was there was too much! For two people, including beer, the bill was a tad over $50NZ.

I was so impressed that I went back for breakfast the next morning - poached eggs and onions on crispy potato straws. $9.50NZ? Is he mad?

Heartily recommend.