“Hooked”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Hooked”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2010

There is nothing better than a bit of local knowledge when it comes to fishing and these guys know all the best spots. Booked an afternoon charter to go snapper fishing in the Bay of Islands. If you want to go for something bigger than snapper, the boys can do that too. There was a tall ships race going on as we motored to our first fishing spot, so the scenery couldn't have got much better.

Within 30 seconds of dropping my line in, I had my first bite, so I knew I was in for a good day. Even better was the guys took time out to teach my wife how to fish ( something she had never taken an interest in). She outfished me for the day, landing snapper after snapper, I was happy that she enjoyed herself.

When the bites started to slow, we were off to another spot and it was on again, a fantastic days fishing, I even had a one that got away story ( it was a monster and keeps getting bigger with each story retelling.). At the end of the day, Ross and his crew, filleted our fish and booked a table at a local restaurant for us where the chefs cooked up our catch, by far the best fish meal I have had.

One of the highlights of a memorable holiday.

1 Thank bannedspencer