“Quick service and good quality tasty food”

Alfresco's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #5 of 58 Restaurants in Paihia
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: UNLIKE MOST PLACES WE NEVER CHARGE HOLIDAY SURCHARGE Live Music Every Sunday Afternoon 3pm - 6pm. Happy Hour Everyday 3pm - 6pm Alfresco's is a family run business that is open everyday from 8.00Am serving freshly produced food and excellent coffee. We strive to give great service anytime of the day.
Marlow, United Kingdom
“Quick service and good quality tasty food”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We dropped in mid May so it was getting into low season. alfresco's had heaters and we were welcomed immediately and shown to the table. the restaurant was quiet ( low season) so we were served immediately and the food was freshly cooked and very good quality. One of the best steak sandwiches I have had' really tasty. the pork belly entree was also really tasty. Would recommend this restaurant for friendly , efficient service with good tasty food.

• Visited May 2014
ToddEvers, Owner at Alfresco's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Hi Peter

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. I was very happy to read that you had such a great experience and found your meals tasty! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip in NZ and we would love to see you again if you make it back to Paihia.

Many thanks

Ruakaka
“Great dinner and lunch”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed at the edge water Palms next door during the busy Mother's Day weekend. We chose this restaurant as it had the 'least' bad reviews as it would seem most of Paihia/Bay of Islands restaurants have bad reviews! However we were pleasantly surprised, we were able to get a takeaway for our gluten and dairy free grand daughter and then my husband and I enjoyed a great dinner the beautiful seafood platter followed by the Venison main. The next day we were able to get a reservation although the place was booked for Mothers' day and with our family enjoyed the wonderful oysters, burgers, and yummy desserts. We could not fault the place, service and friendliness of the staff means we will be back!

• Visited May 2014
ToddEvers, Owner at Alfresco's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Hi Rowan

Many thanks for your great review. I am delighted to read that you visited our restaurant twice and enjoyed it so much. It was awesome to see that the staff looked after you so well and were able to tailor your the meals for your grand daughters dietary constraints.

Many thanks again and look forward to seeing you soon!

“Yummy :)”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Came here with a friend for lunch. The restaurant wasn't too full so service and food was prompt. Ordered some nachos and they were delicious! It was a very large and generous portion. My friend ordered a burger which also looked tasty and I will definitely be back to try it for myself.

• Visited February 2014
ToddEvers, Owner at Alfresco's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Hi Rebekah
Thanks for the awesome review! It was great to see you enjoyed your visit with us so much and found the food and service to be of such a high level.
Many thanks and look forward to seeing you again
Todd
“Good food when it arrived but shocking service”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

We stayed next door & decided to just walk to the restaurant as we were hungry. It looked pretty average from the menu & first impression of the restaurant did not look wow. We ordered & the food took forever. We were almost falling asleep at the table we had to wait soooooooo long. Looking around none of the other tables had food either.
Eventually when the food came it was very good but I ordered sides to come with the main course which arrived after we were all finished eating. We complained & the staff didn't seem to really care. This is a pity because this place could be much better. The service need to be sorted out & they need to get the stuff out the kitchen faster & at the same time. I would not have bothered writing a review if there was no potential.

Hi Signon
Many thanks for your review. I am disappointed to read your comments about your visit to our restaurant. We are normally commented on the good service we provide but it would seem this did not happen this time which I will follow up with my staff. I was glad to see your enjoyed the food you ordered very much.
Can you please email me on Alfrescos.paihia@gmail.com with date of your visit and a description of staff who served you?
Many thanks
Christchurch, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We ate here every day”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were staying at the Anchorage Motel next door to Alfresco's so super convenient. We ate breakfast here almost every day of our stay (6 days) as the service, food, coffee, view, price, ambiance were all perfect. Bay Brekkie and the Corn Fritters were our favorite choices and their coffee is up there with the best I have had. All staff were friendly and efficient. Siting in the morning sun looking out at that amazing view was absolute bliss. If we lived in Paihia this would definitely be our local! Looking forward to coming back again :)

• Visited April 2014
Hi There
Thanks so much for an awesome review. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed you visits for breakfast s much. Our staff will be stoked to hear you received such great service on your numerous visits.
Thanks again and look forward to seeing you again